The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018 | Page 288 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to a Primary School open day this evening. First one.

This choosing a school caper is a proper mindfuck.

We have a lovely school 50m away from where we've been living for the last 5 years which has an Outstanding OFSTED rating..... original plan was to be very naughty, get Buddy accepted there, move house and not tell them.... but we've now decided against this as he'll not be living near school friends which might be pretty crappy for him.

So now we're looking at 3 schools in Pershore. All have 'Good' OFSTED ratings, one switched to Academy status last year, one is still local authority and I'm not even sure about the 3rd one. Oh and the 3rd one is CofE and we're a family of Atheists.... does that matter?

We'd all but ruled out the Academy School as I spoke to 2 teachers who relayed a load of horror stories.... then I spoke to a 3rd (retired) teacher who was all for them....

So confusing.

Probably end up choosing the one with the nicest uniform, or the sexiest head mistress.

Going to a Primary School open day this evening. First one.

This choosing a school caper is a proper mindfuck.

We have a lovely school 50m away from where we've been living for the last 5 years which has an Outstanding OFSTED rating..... original plan was to be very naughty, get Buddy accepted there, move house and not tell them.... but we've now decided against this as he'll not be living near school friends which might be pretty crappy for him.

So now we're looking at 3 schools in Pershore. All have 'Good' OFSTED ratings, one switched to Academy status last year, one is still local authority and I'm not even sure about the 3rd one. Oh and the 3rd one is CofE and we're a family of Atheists.... does that matter?

We'd all but ruled out the Academy School as I spoke to 2 teachers who relayed a load of horror stories.... then I spoke to a 3rd (retired) teacher who was all for them....

So confusing.

Probably end up choosing the one with the nicest uniform, or the sexiest head mistress.

Being a non believer doesn't matter. Both mine went to C of E and I am a non believer. Just means you will have to go to church for school stuff like harvest festival and xmas events as that's where they will do them. Catholic schools seem to be different our friends had to jump through all the religious hoops to show they were believers and to get them in the school they wanted.

But , If you don't get the school you want the best bet is to become a gypsy, or get the boy expelled as that gets you right up the list of criteria for getting into a school nowadays.

Yes, neighbours by me started going to Church (Catholic) some years back, once they got their kids into the school, they mysteriously stopped going again.

The decorator starts tomorrow! Yay! This one is definitely here tomorrow. Just spoke to him and as I know him through my fellowship I know he will be here. I am a
happy K.K

The school we visited last night seemed very promising which is a boost as we were kind of vereing towards that one initially.

We'll go and see the other 2 as well just in case. Also she said they are always over subscribed. :(

Morning all :wave:

Another day in paradise, living the dream.

External decorator still here, the smell of paint is making me feel sick. But it looks much better so I won't complain too much.

Dog walked, coffee drunk. Could do with a siesta now, to be honest.

Ouch... downer ironside.

I was told I've got Arthur Itis visiting my hands and wrists, that's not pleased me. Knew it was in the foot !

Status
Not open for further replies.