The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018 | Page 187 | Vital Football

The REALLY Interesting Thread - all new for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently got back from the Solihull Jazz Festival. Spent a few enjoyable hours there. It's on again tomorrow, but we won't be going.

My appetite has been ridiculously low for months. Made it a hell of a lot cheaper I have to say. My monthly food bill ranges from £290 to nearly £400 a month when full on training. So far this month it is £140 LOL

Well that was fun. Did the Stratford six miler in 51 minutes after doing the Park run in 25 minutes this morning so quite happy with that.

I will sleep well tonight though.

Morning all well totally deflated after yesterday and sorry to those who I persuaded to back him I genuinely thought he had a chance. Not one for making excuses but Alex (jockey) said he thought he wasn't quite right as he kept hanging through the race and we did have to pull him out of a race a couple of weeks ago because his blood tests showed slight abnormalities so hopefully a few weeks rest and he should be fine. Personally I really don't know what to think was it a step too far did he simply get found out by better horses only time will tell on that one but all I can do is say sorry for any losses but that's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. But on a more up beat note my very exciting young horse Daario went back into training on Friday after his summer hols so should be ready to run mid September \ October time can't wait to see him again.

Morning all.

Had some friends round for food and drink last night. Thick head this morning. I have reduced how much I drink over the past year and when I do have a 'good drink' like last-night i definitely feel worse than I used to.

Anyway. Not to bad. Although I didn't really need the dog to vom her breakfast up about minutes after she ate it this morning.

Great start eh.

Morning all.

No problems gator . The list of things that go wrong with a horse are endless and thats the gamble. Still winning 2 races this summer is something a lot of owners never acheive.

In other news my legs ache.

Morning all.

No problems gator . The list of things that go wrong with a horse are endless and thats the gamble. Still winning 2 races this summer is something a lot of owners never acheive.

In other news my legs ache.

Mine too. On my feet for 9 hours in baking sun takes it's toll!!!

We're not going to get any sympathy, though, are we. It is all self inflicted, after all!!!!!!!

Lol .Yes I want sympathy and lots of it.

Off to Blackpool today for the day.

It's a long story but taking the Mother in Law and co. to see some long standing family friends who Mrs Sir Dennis still calls Auntie and Uncle but they have just sold their hotel up there after 40 odd years so have just retired well into their 70's (The hotel was on the market for 10+ years). Anyway the lady has just had a major operation hence the visit.

Yeah no problem Gator. Had a few quid on.

That's the way the cookie crumbles as they say.
Just don't tell Mrs Melon

Status
Not open for further replies.