The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

Yep - he'd built up a bit of momentum and went too cautious against Villa

The 5 - 1 thumping of Spurs followed when we had nothing to play for and the shackles were off

Theres definitely a problem but it's also about perspective

We have 6 points from our last 10 games - winning 2 and losing 8

If Rafa had have drawn 6 of those games while losing the other 4 he would have been hailed as a tactical genius for grinding out results with key players missing

Bruce is shite but Rafa took us down with enough games left to save us

Even if we get relegated there will be plenty who turn up that’s if they are allowed to. I am not sure the stadium will be full unless we are near the top of the Championship. If we stay up I can see a full stadium well initially anyway.

Bad news for us , Everton were on course to join the gang of four at the bottom of the premiership.

They're a mess to be fair , their problems go far deeper than Benitez (although his going there was complete arrogance by him and the board) and have done for a long while. Rooney from Derby is the obvious one, also Potter in the mix (Potter at the wheel ?) and Martinez possible for a return .

It's not the worst shout . He's got a good relationship with Staveley and Rafa would shark back in ready to over from Eddie at the first opportunity.
Fuck knows what to make of it if it did happen. Wouldn't surprise me if it did. Don't think I would want him as manager but he was obviously or certainly Staveley's first choice and must know the project.