The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

Except his reasons for leaving are nothing to do with Covid but do carry on .

He is quoted as saying this on the BBC website

However, the Spaniard and his coaching staff have stepped down amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"Unfortunately, like so many things in the last year, Covid-19 has changed our lives and our projects," said Benitez.

"The pandemic is still here, for all of us, and supporting our families has been a priority when making this decision."

Thing is though, he has been living and working over there. The Chinese government suppress news agencies and media outlets .I personally wouldn't believe a thing that comes out of that country that could portray them in a negative light .

He is quoted as saying this on the BBC website

However, the Spaniard and his coaching staff have stepped down amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

"Unfortunately, like so many things in the last year, Covid-19 has changed our lives and our projects," said Benitez.

"The pandemic is still here, for all of us, and supporting our families has been a priority when making this decision."

So he's leaving to be closer to family.

So he's leaving to be closer to family.

You said his reasons for leaving were nothing to do with covid yet he is quoted as mentioning covid in his reasons for leaving

Or are you suggesting he would be leaving to be closer to his family regardless of covid

[QUOTE="McCreery, post: 2659760, member: 8336"
Or are you suggesting he would be leaving to be closer to his family regardless of covid[/QUOTE]

Exactly

I genuinely dont understand you at times Keggy

Benitez has stated that Covid is a factor in him leaving yet you attempt to argue that it's got nothing to do with Covid

I'm not sure why you would even go there ?

I genuinely dont understand you at times Keggy

Benitez has cited that Covid is a factor in him leaving yet you attempt to argue that it's got nothing to do with Covid

I'm not sure why you would even go there ?

It's a factor just like it's a factor for everyone at the moment unfortunately It's currently a part of modern life. I don't think it's the reason for him leaving. I think the isolation of living in a Chinese hotel with the season not due to start til March and the rule changes in the Chinese league are more of a factor . If there was no Covid do i think he'd still be leaving ? Absolutely.

[QUOTE="keggy_keagal, post: 2659789, member: 8237" If there was no Covid do i think he'd still be leaving ? Absolutely.[/QUOTE]
Why ?

[QUOTE="keggy_keagal, post: 2659789, member: 8237" If there was no Covid do i think he'd still be leaving ? Absolutely.
Why ?[/QUOTE]

To be closer to his family and the rule changes to the Chinese league pretty much mean Dalian will struggle to compete . Wage caps and domestic quotas being two significant changes to when Benitez originally took the job.

To be closer to his family and the rule changes to the Chinese league pretty much mean Dalian will struggle to compete . Wage caps and domestic quotas being two significant changes to when Benitez originally took the job.[/QUOTE]
Liked the post for information regarding rule changes to the Chinese league that I was not and am still not aware of.

If you move from Liverpool to China however you need to be competent in geography, no way the egotistical git did not understand the ramifications.

To be closer to his family and the rule changes to the Chinese league pretty much mean Dalian will struggle to compete . Wage caps and domestic quotas being two significant changes to when Benitez originally took the job.
Liked the post for information regarding rule changes to the Chinese league that I was not and am still not aware of.

If you move from Liverpool to China however you need to be competent in geography, no way the egotistical git did not understand the ramifications.[/QUOTE]

Well obviously I soldier on grimly through this veil of tears purely for the likes .

If you move from Liverpool to China however you need to be competent in geography, no way the egotistical git did not understand the ramifications.

Well obviously I soldier on grimly through this veil of tears purely for the likes .[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, wasted on references to Rafa though, as money not poetry is his motivation.

For his family of course 😉

It's a factor just like it's a factor for everyone at the moment unfortunately It's currently a part of modern life. I don't think it's the reason for him leaving. I think the isolation of living in a Chinese hotel with the season not due to start til March and the rule changes in the Chinese league are more of a factor . If there was no Covid do i think he'd still be leaving ? Absolutely.

But you can't categorically state that it wasnt anything to do with covid when he has been quoted as saying it was a factor

You're just putting your opinion over as fact

But you can't categorically state that it wasnt anything to do with covid when he has been quoted as saying it was a factor

You're just putting your opinion over as fact

I can and I have.

Even Rafa's staunchest defenders and fans would have to admit he has a habit of manipulating events or the perception of events to suit. Just because he says it's because of Covid doesn't make that the actual reason.

Just like he had the Dalian job nicely lined up for his exit strategy here . He knew after the January window he was going but he continued to present the possibility of him staying.

Rumours tonight that Rafa has been offered his old job back with all sorts of incentives attached. I filed it in the 'bullshit' drawer until I saw that Lee Ryder has shot it down.

Now im wondering if it's on as Ryder knows fuck all about anything.

Rumours tonight that Rafa has been offered his old job back with all sorts of incentives attached. I filed it in the 'bullshit' drawer until I saw that Lee Ryder has shot it down.

Aye, got a text about it earlier. 'Ashley asks Benitez to keep Newcastle up'. Surely not

If this were true, which it's obviously not, we would be waving bye bye to St Max.
Benitez and flair don't mix.