The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

Seems like the second coming of Rafa will be high up on the agenda if the takeover does go through.

The more you think about it, the more you think that Rafa was involved with Staveley from the start of his time here and if anything, he surely deserves a chance to show what he can do with full control and a much bigger pot of cash to use.

Not going to happen toony ,as we all know he recently accepted a great opportunity in China and I have it on good authority that rafa NEVER breaks a contract.

Not going to happen toony ,as we all know he recently accepted a great opportunity in China and I have it on good authority that rafa NEVER breaks a contract.

There's ways around that and that's before you stick the recent 'virus' into the mix for the mental side of things.

Don't want him back!

There seems to be this myth that Rafa Benitez will sign who he wants and will play attacking football. Bringing the attacking threat of the Keegan era with the Defensive organisation of SBR's.

WRONG!!!!

He'll play the same way, they'll just do it better! He did it at Liverpool, Chelsea (Where he won the CL and their fans still complain) & Real Madrid to name a few.

He didn't win the Champion's League with Chelsea.

I want the best manager available for Newcastle United. That this is once again a possibility (even in my mind) is a truly wonderful thing and the responses on here prove that the flames Ashley almost extinguished are already starting to catch again. Personally I'd like to see what Pochettino could do with a supportive board.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rafa. He seems to have had links to Staveley since his Liverpool days. Also he knows the bulk of the squad , they know him and he perhaps would still have viable targets in relation to a gradual/drastic rebuild. He's a better manager than Bruce and I'd rather have him here than the cabbage any day. As for his football, we certainly saw some dour defensive displays but we also saw a side who were rarely hammered. A side that after the signing of Almiron seemed to be growing and building towards the end of the 18/19 season and I could see that progress was made on the coaching side of things.

I was a staunch critic of him as a buffer for Ashley and he was certainly complicit in Ashley's continuous defrauding of fans but for many he was a figure to rally behind. With the positivity of a new era dawning we could do a lot worse than see what this man could do were he given the reigns to build a team to compete rather than one to survive.

Europa league then! Knew it had league after it and it was in Europe.

My preference would be Pochettino but given the past history of Staveley and Benitez then it wouldn't be a surprise if Benitez were to come back.

So people would rather have Benitez boring style of football over Allegro or
Pochettino if this new ownership goes ahead, they must be fucking mental

At one point, Mourinho would have been the stand out candidate to finish his masters work. A bit like it was destined to but I reckon his stock has fallen that much in the last couple of years that he wont get a mention aside from me typing it now.

So Rafa leaves Dalian Pro like I predicted due mainly to the Coronavirus.

I know there's not a cat's chance in hell he'll be back here under Ashley but it's just good to write about this in a thread.

He'll go back to his lovely house in Caldy on the Wirral where he'll watch every single game of ours and if/when the takeover's ratified he'll be taking training the same day.

So Rafa leaves Dalian Pro like I predicted due mainly to the Coronavirus.

I know there's not a cat's chance in hell he'll be back here under Ashley but it's just good to write about this in a thread.
I would like to think the poxy twat would catch it, but there are much worse things you could wish on Ashley enablers than a nasty flu.

I understand completely

I just don't get how it can be published for one reason (covid) yet a simple Google search can prove its bollocks.