The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

They were proven liars during the Keegan case as Rexn alludes to. Why would they change tack now ? If they're willing to fuck over two of the biggest heroes in Newcastle United's history why would they give a shit about Rafa or the fans or anyone (clue: they don't).

This was Kevin's statement at the time (and still people continued to go):

"The Tribunal's decision makes it clear that I did have the final say on transfers and the Club's allegation that I did not, which was publicised widely at the time of my resignation and subsequently, was simply untrue. The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United. Contrary to the public statements made by the club at the time they did not do all that they could to retain me at the club. In particular they refused to acknowledge that I was entitled to the final say on transfers. This left me in a totally untenable position. A number of the allegations made against me by the club at the hearing, in order to support their £2 million claim against me, were totally without foundation and should never have been raised in the proceedings."

Yesterday George Caulkin in his write up of the match wrote: Without the militants, the atmosphere suffered: Bruce's emergence on the pitch barely made a ripple. Penfold, Newcastle's MD, sniped at Benitez, Bruce's predecessor in his programme notes --"Let's be clear, he moved to China for money".
Didn't take long for Rafa to get to know and now it's all coming out. No interest whatsoever in improving conditions in the training facilities or the academy, Rafa to be less involved in transfers and offered a contract similar to his previous. Last season the players and staff were awarded a bonus for finishing 10th apart from Rafa's three backroom staff. Challenge Ashley and he reacts in his usual bitter way.

Yesterday George Caulkin in his write up of the match wrote: Without the militants, the atmosphere suffered: Bruce's emergence on the pitch barely made a ripple. Penfold, Newcastle's MD, sniped at Benitez, Bruce's predecessor in his programme notes --"Let's be clear, he moved to China for money".
Didn't take long for Rafa to get to know and now it's all coming out. No interest whatsoever in improving conditions in the training facilities or the academy, Rafa to be less involved in transfers and offered a contract similar to his previous. Last season the players and staff were awarded a bonus for finishing 10th apart from Rafa's three backroom staff. Challenge Ashley and he reacts in his usual bitter way.
For me the most telling words from the whole sorry farce are the following Mc

"I couldn’t explain that in public because I was not allowed to talk to the press without their permission"

Aye that's Rafa Benitez own words emblazoned in italics above.

Astonishingly it was part of the statement he issued as a direct response to the regime's claims that his departure was motivated by greed.

The irony will no doubt escape his admirers,but it's loud and clear nonetheless.

I can't believe he was conned into thinking there was a possible takeover in the offing. Few, if any were fooled on here. A DJ at the local radio station in Dubai supposed to be acting as spokesperson for BZG ffs.

He’s great Rafa, best manager we’ve had since Sir Bobby, I mean who could possibly believe the parasite was ever telling the truth about anything, aside from 40 odd thousand in the ground. Richard Keys, Martin Samuel, Rio Ferdinand and all the other sycophants who constantly peddle his lies know he was lying, maybe not Rio mind, he genuinely is dumb as shit.

I still reckon he would have stayed for 12mil a season and put up with pretty much the same shit he did for the last 3

If Benitez said he made his mind up back in April/May (forgive my hazy memory of it as I really don’t give that much of a fuck anymore) yet now states he wasn’t allowed to speak. Surely if you know that you’re on your way then you’d whistleblow without fear of consequence?

If Benitez said he made his mind up back in April/May (forgive my hazy memory of it as I really don’t give that much of a fuck anymore) yet now states he wasn’t allowed to speak. Surely if you know that you’re on your way then you’d whistleblow without fear of consequence?
If we were to believe Benitez it would appear that he was free to snipe at the regime but was not allowed to talk to the press without their permission.

Pick the bones out of that one !!

I suppose he could have been in breach of contract if he had, depends on the wording of his contract.

If there is one thing I'm reasonably sure of with RB is that he'd have 'played' the media regarding his situation/disagreements with the club if he could have.
I'm with CTM on this, there was probably some contractual issue if he spilled the beans.

Furthermore, he can’t endorse a squad with that lump of a captain at the start of the season and then complain.

Good shout om,he totally endorsed Ashley's 2018 transfer policy ....

"The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished 10th last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen."

Imagine those words emanating from Steve Bruce's gob :hang:

I may have dreamed this... didn’t RB have issues with his contract (2017 ish) regarding it costing him millions if he left early?? Is it possible his advisors/agent didn’t do their job with his best interests at heart inc’ freedom to engage with the media??

I may have dreamed this... didn’t RB have issues with his contract (2017 ish) regarding it costing him millions if he left early?? Is it possible his advisors/agent didn’t do their job with his best interests at heart inc’ freedom to engage with the media??

Don’t think you got the memo Birdys, Benitez is a money grabbing ****, Charnley and Ashley have a history of telling the truth.