The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

Some bullshit flying round tonight in the rags stating the terms Rafa wants to shift on. All this when he is under contract and we've not been formally approached.

The Express reckon he wants a £100m kitty from West Ham and £6m a year. Shite.

For me, this just stinks of a sting by Sky as they release their shite and then people use their betting site to hoy a bet on. Pellegrini is supposedly a done deal for West Ham and will be announced on Monday according to exclusives in his home country.

There's a wedding on saturday toon,don't believe everything you read.
Have got my buntings ironed & a street party for the bairns.

Nee quotes nee nowt but most of the papers are saying now that Rafa is staying after being promised funds from Ashley. Guess it's now just a case of waiting and seeing if we spend.

If Rafa signs a deal then it will be because a promise has been kept but it wont be before the window closes.

Rafa can afford to wait until the last minute before signing. He is under contract for a year.

If Ashley keeps his word and defines "every penny" as we want him to, Rafa will be happy.

If not, there will be clubs all over Europe, China, the MLS and Russia who would afford him everything he wants. No doubt he is in a stronger position to negotiate with clubs who change manager mid season.

If there is no activity on the transfer front and they are yet to make the keeper a permanent signing, then Rafa's situation is still unresolved.
How long will he allow this to fester is the key.
Charley dragging talks into a fifth week and the talks are more than likely at the same position as they were at the start. Pathetic.

As already said. Talks sound like things could be positive with Rafa saying he has no intention of walking away but with no signings yet or anything like a sniff of the ambition needed then he leaves next Summer. Fact.

Up to the regime to convince him to extend now.

Amazing, you put up a message at 11.11 on a Sunday evening and come back from work the next day to see it reported that Rafa is carrying on but not signing a new contract (yet).

Anyone would think that journalists think those of us on talkofthetyne.com have inside knowledge.

To be fair, Macnamee, I had the pleasure of meeting some respected national journalists and someone from the Chronicle when invited to SJP on one occasion.

One of the respected national journalists was totally open about reading the stuff we produce and I was impressed by his recollection of several articles on here.

To be fair to the Chronicle lad, he has become more radical.

I know of one national journalist that posts on the Millwall board along with a couple of ex-hacks.
Sometimes a journo gets a sniff of a story from this site, for example when (was it Spiderman?) posted a picture of Ben Arfa at Newcastle airport that Friday evening a few years ago. The thread on here went off the scale for posts and it wasn't long before it went national.

Reactions: CM
Ive also seen evidence of stuff mentioned on here which then later on is turned into a story elsewhere. That's why you may see the odd one or two articles taken from our threads and stuck on the front page now and then. At least then, the author gets proper credit instead of Lee or one of the usual lot getting their clicks.

"My relationship with the owners normally isn't as bad as maybe people think it is "

If he really is fighting for his club it should be.

It's like listening to the fucking Riddler man.

He's politicking . He's the Toon Tony Blair, it's some good,some bad, a lot hidden by populism and of course plenty of spin and fake wars