The Rafa Benitez Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Rafa Benitez Thread

CuckFan - 25/8/2017 23:50

I wouldn't. Every bit as much as a maniac.

You'd have said that about Fat Freddy though, I'll warrant.

I'd love a local owner, or some sort of consortium - but that's never likely to happen.

Aye, I was in the majority that thought it was a good move at the time.

Who knows what would have happened under Shepherd aside from probable financial penalties but at least we were allowed to dream. Those have been taken away under Ashley but no matter who a new owner is, the ability to dream will return. There'll be no doubts or thinking of hindsight.

As a football club, we are dead on our feet, replaced by a business first.

"I'm all for a change of owner; I'm just wary of 'who' and 'why'; just as I was wary when Freddy sold up to this idiot. And clearly, I was wary for good reason, even when everyone else was scrambling for him to buy us out. "

:17:

Talk this morning is that Rafa could be getting a new deal. Obviously this isn't as straight forward as the papers are making out but it could also mean that relations have been thawed a little behind the scenes.

Makes sense to keep the cement 'healthy' because without it, the whole place will fall down.

They would clearly have to agree on whole direction and ultimate aims for the club first. Rafa will want to challenge for the top, and with fatty being what he is, Rafa would insist not on promises this time but on actions.

And/Or.

Fatty is selling, and the new owner wants Rafa kept during the transition at very least.

Just my view on things.

Who would pay what fatty wants for the club? Its not worth half what he wants.

God knows why anyone would buy a premiere league club especially the amount they would need to spend just to stay in the league.

I'd sooner buy a none league club like Gateshead who you could watch gain promotions until they got to the premiere league then hope some mug would buy it then move on.

Contrary to what we think, the club was recently valued to be worth £500m by someone that slips the mind. It's just not being run anywhere near it's potential under Ashley.

The Rafa 'contract' has also been dismissed as PR.

Jamie 'bu..' Carragher reckons Rafa won't be at the club for long.

*why does he say 'bu..' every 5th word?

CuckFan - 26/9/2017 11:14

Jamie 'bu..' Carragher reckons Rafa won't be at the club for long.

*why does he say 'bu..' every 5th word?

Must be a side effect from the helium he's on.

Im presuming he's on it as his voice is always so high.

Martin Hardy reckons that Rafa has been promised 3 transfers with his first choice striker being one and then talks over a new contract may start.

In other 'unrelated' news. Season ticket renewal time is approaching.

If its true, then budgets surely come into it. If he has been promised his frst choice striker what budget range is he in? 10 - 20 m for like a Carroll (is his injury convienient ? does he want to come home? can he come home? ) or a sturridge if he can stay fit or a Bas Dost type player ? or is it in the poundstretcher catagory with a Joselu type player?

Swansea have been linked with talking to Gamero from Athletico..... he would be a good signing, we should be looking at that.

If its true, then budgets surely come into it. If he has been promised his frst choice striker what budget range is he in? 10 - 20 m for like a Carroll (is his injury convienient ? does he want to come home? can he come home? ) or a sturridge if he can stay fit or a Bas Dost type player ? or is it in the poundstretcher catagory with a Joselu type player?

Swansea have been linked with talking to Gamero from Athletico..... he would be a good signing, we should be looking at that.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 21/1/2018 15:28

Martin Hardy reckons that Rafa has been promised 3 transfers with his first choice striker being one and then talks over a new contract may start.

Lets hope Penfold isnt drawing up the new contract.We know he wont get the transfers sorted.Rafa will be retired before teaboy gets his arse in gear.

If Rafa has any sense he’ll not entertain any contract talks regardless of transfer funds or not. I’d quite like to see him tell Ashley to fuck off and go and manage at a decent club.

I don't think he will Gilly. Would you sign if in his position after the broken promises and lack of funding. I know I wouldn't. I read today that Wenger is on 6m a year so Rafa is hardly high maintenance.

Im with you Gilly hope he tells fatty to fuck off if he does it will wipe a good wedge off what the club is worth

Bruce68 - 21/1/2018 17:25

Im with you Gilly hope he tells fatty to fuck off if he does it will wipe a good wedge off what the club is worth

Whilst signing a pre-contract with the new buyers, oh, how would I laugh!!!