The Queen supports the Black Lives Matter movement | Vital Football

The Queen supports the Black Lives Matter movement

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
God save the Queen, we mean it man, we love our Queen...

I'm certainly feeling a lot of love for the nonagenarian right now, having heard last night that she supports the Black Lives Matter movement.

Not surprised to hear that our Queen supports diversity; she has never given me the impression that she is a racist (unlike her dead husband, who often demonstrated his own brand of racism when he was still alive). But was surprised to hear that she"d come out and said it publicly because I thought Queenie wasn't supposed to make political comments.

Of course, on closer inspection I realised that she'd not actually made a public statement but when the likes of the Daily Mail are telling the nation that, "Her Majesty's most senior representative in London has revealed" that, "The Queen and the Royal Family are supporters of Black Lives Matter and 'care passionately about making this one nation bound by the same values' as the anti-racism movement", it would be rather ridiculous for anybody to suggest that this is merely Marxist propoganda.

Oh how I'm loving the the thought of the many racists who are also tub-thumping Royalists being dismayed and disheartened by this news; the oh so obvious dichotomy of their opinions is amusing me no end.

There are a few of them on here, many more of them out there; arseholes who reject diversity, boo the taking of the knee and generally oppose the Black Lives Matter movement but who, at the same time, give it all the, "Queen and Country" bullshit and would never hear a word said against our figurehead. How they're gonna square this one I'm eager to find out!

I've said it before, the killing of George Floyd changed everything. Not because a white man in a position of authority had killed an innocent black man in broad daylight ( that's far from unprecedented) but more because it was captured on camera and the images went viral. The racism and brutality was nothing new but the democratisation of technology meant that this time there could be no denial, and even obfuscation was made that much more difficult because people could see what happened.

Yes, it changed everything. No longer is it reasonable enough to simply not be a racist. The issue if race can no longer be overlooked or sidestepped, it has to be confronted. Even those people (and there are very many of you) who are in no way racist but prefer to remain quiet now have to choose a side.

It's easy, you're either a racist or an anti-racist. Failing to adopt a position of anti-racism and speak out against racists has now become (where it wasn't before) a signal that you're really a racist. There will be some who try to argue against this assertion. But the more they do, the more apparent it becomes to everybody else that their inability and/or unwillingness to denounce racism is actually a sign that they're a secret racist.

That doesn't mean everybody has to support the political organisation that has the initials BLM. It's quite possible to be an anti-racist and not support them. But with regard to the phrase, "Black Lives Matter", anybody who doesn't wholeheartedly agree and subscribe to it is, as far as I (and millions of others) are concerned, quite clearly racist.

Battle lines have been drawn, everybody has to take a side and adopt a position. Are you a racist or are you an anti-racist?

So glad it's now known which side our Queen has chosen. The racists are quickly running out of places to hide. Lots of then will die soon enough anyway. We must teach our children to be anti-racist and with a bit of luck humanity might be able to look forward to a brighter further with more diversity and less hatred and intolerance.

Last edited:
West Ham fan as well apparently.

I'm not a royalist but I feel for at times. What must she really think of some members of her family e.g. her alleged favourite son.

It is a free country of varied and diverse beliefs and opinion. The Queen is entitled to hers but it is no more valuable than yours or mine. We should respect each others view, and guard free speech.

What is more worrying is the fact that more of the population vote for a party that believes greed is good, than any other party. Where is the inclusiveness there?

You could have just put it a lot more succinctly and in a less rambling and trolling way, Buddha. and asked: “do you agree that black lives matter?” (small letters, i.e. the concept) or “do you agree with/support Black Lives Matter/BLM?” (capital letters/the acronym thereof, i.e. the political group). I personally support the former and not the latter.

Last edited:
So according to the hysterical "anti-woke" crowd, the Queen is a Marxist then.
Cue Nick Ferrari criticising her on his show on LBC.
:-)

Thought 9-11 changed everything. For me it was grandkids, or was it the wife retiring? One minute there I was, and the next, I was still there, for now.

I would never believe otherwise. The Queen is a massive supporter of the commonwealth and always has been. Long live the Queen.

Thought 9-11 changed everything. For me it was grandkids, or was it the wife retiring? One minute there I was, and the next, I was still there, for now.

You're right, it was silly to say that it changed, 'everything'. Of course it didn't. That wasn't really what I meant!

What I should have said is that with regard to the issues of race and racism, the death of George Floyd was a pivotal moment. Something did change; that which I tried to describe in the opening post..

If that's all you can find fault with in what I wrote (is it?) I can't complain. I'll have to suppose that you're broadly in agreement with me and that you're an anti-racist. Unless you tell me otherwise, of course.

God save the Queen, we mean it man, we love our Queen...

I'm certainly feeling a lot of love for the nonagenarian right now, having heard last night that she supports the Black Lives Matter movement.

Not surprised to hear that our Queen supports diversity; she has never given me the impression that she is a racist (unlike her dead husband, who often demonstrated his own brand of racism when he was still alive). But was surprised to hear that she"d come out and said it publicly because I thought Queenie wasn't supposed to make political comments.

Of course, on closer inspection I realised that she'd not actually made a public statement but when the likes of the Daily Mail are telling the nation that, "Her Majesty's most senior representative in London has revealed" that, "The Queen and the Royal Family are supporters of Black Lives Matter and 'care passionately about making this one nation bound by the same values' as the anti-racism movement", it would be rather ridiculous for anybody to suggest that this is merely Marxist propoganda.

Oh how I'm loving the the thought of the many racists who are also tub-thumping Royalists being dismayed and disheartened by this news; the oh so obvious dichotomy of their opinions is amusing me no end.

There are a few of them on here, many more of them out there; arseholes who reject diversity, boo the taking of the knee and generally oppose the Black Lives Matter movement but who, at the same time, give it all the, "Queen and Country" bullshit and would never hear a word said against our figurehead. How they're gonna square this one I'm eager to find out!

I've said it before, the killing of George Floyd changed everything. Not because a white man in a position of authority had killed an innocent black man in broad daylight ( that's far from unprecedented) but more because it was captured on camera and the images went viral. The racism and brutality was nothing new but the democratisation of technology meant that this time there could be no denial, and even obfuscation was made that much more difficult because people could see what happened.

Yes, it changed everything. No longer is it reasonable enough to simply not be a racist. The issue if race can no longer be overlooked or sidestepped, it has to be confronted. Even those people (and there are very many of you) who are in no way racist but prefer to remain quiet now have to choose a side.

It's easy, you're either a racist or an anti-racist. Failing to adopt a position of anti-racism and speak out against racists has now become (where it wasn't before) a signal that you're really a racist. There will be some who try to argue against this assertion. But the more they do, the more apparent it becomes to everybody else that their inability and/or unwillingness to denounce racism is actually a sign that they're a secret racist.

That doesn't mean everybody has to support the political organisation that has the initials BLM. It's quite possible to be an anti-racist and not support them. But with regard to the phrase, "Black Lives Matter", anybody who doesn't wholeheartedly agree and subscribe to it is, as far as I (and millions of others) are concerned, quite clearly racist.

Battle lines have been drawn, everybody has to take a side and adopt a position. Are you a racist or are you an anti-racist?

So glad it's now known which side our Queen has chosen. The racists are quickly running out of places to hide. Lots of then will die soon enough anyway. We must teach our children to be anti-racist and with a bit of luck humanity might be able to look forward to a brighter further with more diversity and less hatred and intolerance.
Stopped reading at the last “intolerance”.

You're right, it was silly to say that it changed, 'everything'. Of course it didn't. That wasn't really what I meant!

What I should have said is that with regard to the issues of race and racism, the death of George Floyd was a pivotal moment. Something did change; that which I tried to describe in the opening post..

If that's all you can find fault with in what I wrote (is it?) I can't complain. I'll have to suppose that you're broadly in agreement with me and that you're an anti-racist. Unless you tell me otherwise, of course.

Good to bring up the Queen -a good person no matter what you think of the Monarchy. I don’t like jeering at people you think are wrong, even wickedly so. You do bang on a bit. Less is more, often. My family is mixed race.

Good to bring up the Queen -a good person no matter what you think of the Monarchy. I don’t like jeering at people you think are wrong, even wickedly so. You do bang on a bit. Less is more, often. My family is mixed race.

Agree with your first sentence.

Second sentence makes me want to respond like Dylan did when someone called him a 'Judas'! (Though if I'm wrong, fair play and good luck to you.)

Third sentence, you're right but I try to do so less often these days.

Final sentence, so what?

???!!!!
Sorry, I don't understand. My first use of the the word "intolerance" also happened to be the last word of my OP. There wasn't anymore to read!
Yep. Most people say they stop reading after the first word. I’m being different. You of all people should cherish that. ;)