The Pukki Party Continues | Vital Football

The Pukki Party Continues

Agreed. Once his confidence is up he is so good and hopefully Hugill is pushing him. Such a shame that he lost his confidence last season otherwise his goals would have given us more points and he might have had more goals in 100 appearances.

Needed to buy a prolific striker to rival pukki
I just can't see the club spending money on bringing in a new forward. Wasn't Hugill £5 million? That is a lot for Norwich to spend. As you have mentioned a few times someone like Toney would have been ideal - pacey, strong and gives us a different style to work with. He cost Brentford £5 million but with promotion and other bits it would rise to £10 million but for me that is a bargain.

I just can't see the club spending money on bringing in a new forward. Wasn't Hugill £5 million? That is a lot for Norwich to spend. As you have mentioned a few times someone like Toney would have been ideal - pacey, strong and gives us a different style to work with. He cost Brentford £5 million but with promotion and other bits it would rise to £10 million but for me that is a bargain.
It defo is, wasnt rocket science he was what we needed plus taking him off a rival too to boot!

Last edited:
Brilliant. What I didn’t realise was how many were along the ground. Rarely in contention for Goal of the Month but a strike rate even better than Grant Holt.
Fabulous.

I agree that if Hugill comes on, then the other players who supply the chances need to switch style and put decent crosses in. May be our players just like to keep moving it along the ground, FOOTball style?

thats the reason we needed a pukki 2 and Idah could have fulfilled the late long ball to sub