The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

A rich king - our owners by the look - this magnet attraction to football clubs - can see why - they both seem clever chaps - let’s hope they thinking long and hard over the last week or so about who will bring this fantastic club some consistency and pleasure

Nas is in charge but I'm sure he leans heavily on Wes given his Buck's experience, and whilst we can see he's been patient with them, he's not against being ruthless when he believes he needs to be.

I'm a little concerned we weren't more ruthless this summer as I thought it was a great chance to really kick on, but equally, I can't fault their spending so far.

A few did lol

Making me work tonight - I don't like it.

Expected as the the FFP sheriff surely - just a question about some expenses by Jack Grealish last year - some slippers and a new bumper for a Range Rover - surely that will cost the club next year and cause a shortfall?

Expected as the the FFP sheriff surely - just a question about some expenses by Jack Grealish last year - some slippers and a new bumper for a Range Rover - surely that will cost the club next year and cause a shortfall?

And also Doris switched to chocolate hobnobs.

With respect to Maguire who knows his beans, having read that I can only assume they asked him questions from Set A and then used his answers to answer questions from Set B.

The premise of the article is pointless as it's supposition based on overall figures from 2010 to today and is working historically anyway based on the last set of published accounts for each club. The whole Newcastle debate is forward dated based on supposed agreements they are yet to sign which will boost their revenue.

As for Villa, the article admits itself it doesn't include the Jack sale in the wibbling, citing Villa's position will massively improve at the next accounts when the sale is added in.

So all in all, guesswork from live accounts (they won't have seen our FFP accounts) and for us in particular, they pay no regard to the fact we solved Champ FFP issues prior to promotion so are clearly in jam since our Prem return and the boosted revenues given our spending. Jack is a full £100m jam on top of whatever our position is (which we know is wriggle room anyway given spending over the last two years). compared to revenue.

So all in all, guesswork from live accounts (they won't have seen our FFP accounts) and for us in particular, they pay no regard to the fact we solved Champ FFP issues prior to promotion so are clearly in jam since our Prem return and the boosted revenues given our spending. Jack is a full £100m jam on top of whatever our position is (which we know is wriggle room anyway given spending over the last two years). compared to revenue.

Yeah makes no sense because if you just look on a rolling 3 year basis Everton have not spent to much the last 3 seasons. Norwich have no revenue so again unsure how it could be that high. Palace spent way less the last 3 years vs. a lot of teams there too.

As you say I think they asked him to do one exercise and then bootstrapped on the FFP stuff. P/L is irrelevant to FFP.

Not sure whether this has been posted before but it's a bit of a worry isn't it ?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...er-League-club-spend-transfers-FFP-rules.html

REVEALED: How much each Premier League club can spend on transfers under FFP rules... Newcastle really have joined the Big Six, Everton are in trouble - but it's stingy Spurs who would be allowed to splash £400m
View attachment 53898
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gi...-much-each-club-can-spend-under-ffp-rules?amp

Aston Villa’s situation also looks bad but that’s expected to change once their 2021 accounts are in which will include the £100 million received for Jack Grealish.”

Not sure whether this has been posted before but it's a bit of a worry isn't it ?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...er-League-club-spend-transfers-FFP-rules.html

REVEALED: How much each Premier League club can spend on transfers under FFP rules... Newcastle really have joined the Big Six, Everton are in trouble - but it's stingy Spurs who would be allowed to splash £400m
View attachment 53898

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/the-profit-sustainability-thread.91686/post-3102724 :tophat: