The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

it's funny you say that as in Bangkok airport they have a Leicester city club shop which was full of tourists from Japan Australia.
That is a cracking idea.

I spent many months traveling back and forth from Munich back in the day and the wholes city revolves around Bayern with a little bit of 1860 Munich . Souvenir kiosks and and shops all over the place sell scarves etc .
Aston Villa should be the same . Most people have heard of the English Football Club Aston Villa what they don't know is where it is

From what I understand they are looking at wether or not the sale has been over valued. So basically we'd be in trouble if we sold it for 500m if it's only worth 100m.

Considering we sold it for £57 million and Derby sold Pride Park for £80 million + I think we'll be ok.

Considering we sold it for £57 million and Derby sold Pride Park for £80 million + I think we'll be ok.

Yes, if anything I think we've been quite conservative. The EFL passed us so I can't imagine the premier league won't.

According to the Times this morning, Villa are being investigated on the sale and lease back of the ground and the impact on FFP rules. See https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-facing-investigation-after-stadium-sale-0tcrzjl7b

I would not think that Purslow would make such a huge cock up on something like this?
Utter horsepoop.

The Prem will simply be looking at it as a linked deal which is a known issue. Hence undervaluing compared to Derby leaves us quids in and cute.

The Prem can't punish us for FFP last season, that's the EFL's bag and the EFL have passed the Stadium deal.

It's a dilligence issue nothing more nothing less, the Prem will be 'investigating' all promoted sides (and all existing sides) as they gear up for next season and the next year of the assessment.

It seems some in media land don't understand FFP nor the fact that Prem FFP is like taking candy from a baby compared to the much tighter EFL FFP stipulations.

Utter horsepoop.

The Prem will simply be looking at it as a linked deal which is a known issue. Hence undervaluing compared to Derby leaves us quids in and cute.

The Prem can't punish us for FFP last season, that's the EFL's bag and the EFL have passed the Stadium deal.

It's a dilligence issue nothing more nothing less, the Prem will be 'investigating' all promoted sides (and all existing sides) as they gear up for next season and the next year of the assessment.

It seems some in media land don't understand FFP nor the fact that Prem FFP is like taking candy from a baby compared to the much tighter EFL FFP stipulations.
Or they are just stirring up clickbait traffic.

There full of shit, how do you value a stadium? If someone has a lot of money they should be allowed to spend it how they choose.

Looks like the Times have made a story a day out of their inaccurate nonsense so far this week.

The follow on rehashes have been hysterical.

The Times used to be reliable to the point of being boring. Now it's in a race to the bottom with other scumbag media. And it's not just football.