The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

I'm not that bothered about Europe, been there done that but I do want us to get in the top 4 as that means we've been winning games at VP which is what I want to see.
I'd like to see us win the FA cup before I have to stop going due to age, which I guess happens to us all at some point. That would mean a full set of Trophies I've seen us win

I've got my full set, I'd like to think I'll see the cup again, never give up hope. The old 57 program looks a bit faded now, with Busbys autograph in it.

So villa have over £550m in the bank as of October 2022 - have we ever been so rich - just need a decent manager - oh he has just joined

I'm guessing we might now see the other end of the Grealish money.

Bank balance does not relate to FFP balance, the only reason to carry such a high balance if true, that I can see, is to reduce a deals overall worth by paying more upfront and having fewer lag on guaranteed clauses so it's more tempting to sale club - especially maybe clubs financially struggling which takes me to Spain and France.

ie don't think about the 500K down the line when x hits 25/50 games, take the 250K now and bank it - as if you keep struggling you'll only be back in 6 months offering us a buy out discount anyway and if you are struggling that much, we'll be in profit etc etc.

I'm guessing we might now see the other end of the Grealish money.

Bank balance does not relate to FFP balance, the only reason to carry such a high balance if true, that I can see, is to reduce a deals overall worth by paying more upfront and having fewer lag on guaranteed clauses so it's more tempting to sale club - especially maybe clubs financially struggling which takes me to Spain and France.

ie don't think about the 500K down the line when x hits 25/50 games, take the 250K now and bank it - as if you keep struggling you'll only be back in 6 months offering us a buy out discount anyway and if you are struggling that much, we'll be in profit etc etc.
I wouldn't play Monopoly with you, Mike.

no chance he'll have anywhere near that figure. More like £40m plus whatever can be generated from player sales

no chance he'll have anywhere near that figure. More like £40m plus whatever can be generated from player sales
Come on - that’s one player maybe three quarters of a player. I think he will get decent funds along with maybe two free signings where they have contracts ending like Kamara

Last edited:
The reason i say that is based on previous window spend plus the state of our finances. What has screwed us a bit is squandering so much of the Jack money.
i think he will get £40m plus about another £40-60m from player sales this summer which gives him a healthy budget

Purslow is on £1.1m a year. WTF!
Stadium capacity gets increased - Emery on board, established in the premier league(maybe), record income etc etc etc. Club value say maybe approaching £1bn. Maybe sticks in the throat but I’d say he probably deserves it :throw:

Stadium capacity gets increased - Emery on board, established in the premier league(maybe), record income etc etc etc. Club value say maybe approaching £1bn. Maybe sticks in the throat but I’d say he probably deserves it :throw:

Do you honestly think he had anything to do with Emery coming here.