The Princess Royal | Vital Football

The Princess Royal

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Sadly I need to mention this to fellow Bees, the new regime at the PR pub have decided to increase their prices on match days, thus targeting and rinsing football fans of a bit more cash. A pint of Fosters is now £5 on match days, for the better drinks it gets worse. When querying 2 massively expensive rounds I was told these prices only apply to match days, policy of the owners.

Each to their own but do be warned, I have fond memories of this pub going back to the 80's / 90's but i'll not use the place again. Kings Arms, Inverness and Globe for me now.

It is OOO mate, shame to have to call them out on it but they are blatantly ripping off football / Bees fans. You only get this nasty shock when your drinks are poured. barmaid said it's new policy to increase only on match days. You don't have to pay £5 for the good craft stuff in the best boozers in London

None of my lot will be back, just felt other Bees need to be warned.

Thats not good. I was moaning about the cost of my peroni in the globe yesterday (think it was £5.30) but thats still much better value than a £5 fosters

Some beers are more expensive than others, some pubs are more expensive than others. They all find their place depending on the clientele they wish to appeal to. Bumping up the prices because there is a match on is a crap idea because people will just walk away. They probably think they need to cash in before we move. Stupid.

I predict the PR will be a goner very soon after we leave GP anyway. Good riddance.

My moan is being served my London Pride in a throwaway plastic 'glass' in the Globe. I should demand a discount! Or I might just take a tankard in! Is that too 'old man with a pipe'? I need advice, or maybe a lie down!

Spot on Beefeater, what I've said about the PR on here is 100% legit, the barmaids were left to take incoming from those that noticed their round had gone up sharply (most didn't). Maybe she was too honest but she said the owner had set the price increases only for match days and that Fosters in a plastic cup is £5 per pint. My big round of Fosters and Pride was eye watering which is why I queried it.

So for me it is the blatant opportunistic targeting and ripping off of football fans, and they need calling out on it. It was well run in the 90's under that wonderful guvnor Jim, not any more sadly. Most Bees now drink away from GP, it never used to be that way, i'm a veteran of the Brickies, the Albany, The Royal Oak - all gone!

I prefer to drink a bit less these days and to enjoy decent stuff, Pride is a staple but I love the craft lager revolution. Fosters is rank but on a really hot day and at about £3.50 it is just bearable.

Try the Kings Arms pre match - the beer selection is limited but not bad, they do decent food and get people served quickly normally. Plenty of solid bees geezers in there too. maybe they'll give yuo your own mug / tankard.

Has the Albany gone as well ? We all used to go in there after our sunday footy in the 70s when Pat (irish guy) was the guvernor used to have a great laugh

Disgusting. Time to order a drink, get told price and walk off saying "No way" This is pure opportunism and mugging off football fans. Shouldn't be legal to change price like that.

Reminder to check the drinks prices in the PR on Sat if you go in.

If no change to the increases since the last home games they'll have to make do with rinsing the away fans.

I guess the Wednesday fans will be moaning anyway about London prices. They'll freak when they see the PR matchday prices. I feel a riot coming on!

Yorkies by their own admission are usually as tight as a gnats arse, i'd feel really bad for them were it not for my last day out at Hillsborough costing me about £150 all in.

That said the spooners in Sheffield saved the day, you could have a 3 course steak dinner AND A PINT for about £3.50.
I filled my boots....