The Premier League 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Premier League 2019/20 Season Thread

Quite interesting as well how some younger prospects are getting some game time as well. Gordon starting up front for Everton is one. Would he have been given such a start if there were 40,000 scousers baying for blood? Probably not but in front of none possibly fewer nerves to get over.

Last edited:
I hope the players turned on their home alarms :LOL:
Both keepers might as well be at home watching on tv.

Too many pointless stats these days -

"Chelsea haven't won two on the trot since November ..." So?

"Lampard scored more goals against Villa than any other team, but surprisingly, his team are behind."

Too many pointless stats these days -

"Chelsea haven't won two on the trot since November ..." So?

"Lampard scored more goals against Villa than any other team, but surprisingly, his team are behind."
Must... shoehorn... irrelevant...fact...in...

Just listening pre-match on 5 live what is slightly bizarre, and they commented on it, was the loud pre-match music being played constantly. And then I could hear the announcer read out the teams in typical fashion, at number 27, scored his 1st goal last week, JAMESSSSS Tarkowskiiiiiiiii.

Just listening pre-match on 5 live what is slightly bizarre, and they commented on it, was the loud pre-match music being played constantly. And then I could hear the announcer read out the teams in typical fashion, at number 27, scored his 1st goal last week, JAMESSSSS Tarkowskiiiiiiiii.

Possibly some nonsense for watchers across the pond???

City owners own New York FC as well so they are probably showing it there are we all know Americans like it loud and shouty ( which explains their voting patterns)

Possibly some nonsense for watchers across the pond???

City owners own New York FC as well so they are probably showing it there are we all know Americans like it loud and shouty ( which explains their voting patterns)
Lol I think I’ve heard it in every match I’ve seen the build up. Wonder if he announces the attendance

Man City 3-0 up at halftime. Foden with the first, then two for Mahrez just before halftime (one a penalty).

I reckon we could have beaten Burnley again tonight. Of course City are a very good side, but Burnley just sat off and then dropped off further. Why bother if you think something like 2 or 3 loss will be a result. Nobody wants to get hammered but at least show some steel and kick someone! Something like 55 minutes for Burnley to get a corner?

Lol I think I’ve heard it in every match I’ve seen the build up. Wonder if he announces the attendance
The attendance will be declared at somewhere between 52000 and 53000. On Foden, I wish the footballing pundits would stop going on and on about 'he needs to leave City' to get more game time. It is utter nonsense. He has just turned 20 and has already appeared in 30 plus games for probably one of the finest and most competitive midfields in world football. All the time he has benefitted from playing alongside those players and has OBVIOUSLY been groomed and paced to take over from David Silva when he moves on THIS YEAR.
The time for all the short sighted hysteria from the pundits is if he doesn't get the opportunity to play a more emergent role next year.

18:00: Leicester City v Brighton & Hove Albion (Sky Sports)

20:15: Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United (Sky Sports)