The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Pre-season friendly Fred sponsored by our third decade outside the Prem

Bingo. I see you read the Post too.

Apparently we are now the club with the longest time between Wembley visits as well

I actually first saw the stat on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. I'm surprised it took the Post so long to jump on it; they're usually very quick at turning anything with even the most tenuous link to Forest in to an article.

I see their lead article this morning was about the available shirt numbers that will be available for any new signings. I get that it's the close season and nothing much is happening, but it's quite sad to see just how far standards have fallen at the Post.

Paul Taylor also ran an article recently about our Greek friendly opponents Atromitos in which he said that Damir Canadi is their manager.

Canadi actually left Atromitos a couple of weeks ago to take up a job in Austria. Evidently, Taylor's research for that article didn't stretch beyond Wikipedia.

The article is still there now unchanged.

I actually first saw the stat on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. I'm surprised it took the Post so long to jump on it; they're usually very quick at turning anything with even the most tenuous link to Forest in to an article.

I see their lead article this morning was about the available shirt numbers that will be available for any new signings. I get that it's the close season and nothing much is happening, but it's quite sad to see just how far standards have fallen at the Post.

If you had even the slightest interest in football in the old days the Saturday Football Post was a must and in great demand. I've no idea whether that paper is still in existence, it was a good many years ago now but in addition to all the League stuff it seemed to have every bit of local Amateur football as well, all the results and League positions. In those days many of us Forest supporters played as well, no matter what the standard.
At that time we worked Saturday mornings, football in the afternoons, in my case basketball in the evening followed by trying to get in one of the local dances, walk a girl home with a bit of luck, and finally walk home yourself.
Heady days indeed !

Wouldn't have bothered with all this normally but it's so quiet on here at the moment.

Lol yes. I'd totally forgotten that, remember it was Ajax I was most excited to see.

Ajax's warm up was unreal. Four players stood on each corner of the half one touch volleying the ball to one another whilst the rest of the players (with the ball sometimes whizzing just over their heads) in the middle of the half doing various drills at lightning speed.

If you had even the slightest interest in football in the old days the Saturday Football Post was a must and in great demand. I've no idea whether that paper is still in existence, it was a good many years ago now but in addition to all the League stuff it seemed to have every bit of local Amateur football as well, all the results and League positions. In those days many of us Forest supporters played as well, no matter what the standard.
At that time we worked Saturday mornings, football in the afternoons, in my case basketball in the evening followed by trying to get in one of the local dances, walk a girl home with a bit of luck, and finally walk home yourself.
Heady days indeed !

Wouldn't have bothered with all this normally but it's so quiet on here at the moment.

It effectively become the NEP - which is still sold in paper format, but greater readership is online.

Pretty quiet at present, but activity will pick up next week or so, European Transfer window opens (1st June, I think) and all playoffs finalised - so, everyone knows where they will be playing!

MON has been on holiday to Greece, met with EM - so, hopefully, budgets & plans signed off.

Paul Taylor also ran an article recently about our Greek friendly opponents Atromitos in which he said that Damir Canadi is their manager.

Canadi actually left Atromitos a couple of weeks ago to take up a job in Austria. Evidently, Taylor's research for that article didn't stretch beyond Wikipedia.

The article is still there now unchanged.

"Canadi actually left Atromitos a couple of weeks ago to take up a job in Austria."

Is this the same Damir Canadi who was recently appointed as manager of German side FC Nürnberg, located in Nuremburg, Germany who play in the German Bundesliga?

kartoffelkopf!

"Canadi actually left Atromitos a couple of weeks ago to take up a job in Austria."

Is this the same Damir Canadi who was recently appointed as manager of German side FC Nürnberg, located in Nuremburg, Germany who play in the German Bundesliga?

kartoffelkopf!

SHIT SHIT SHIT

Good job I don't get paid for this shite

Good, nice to see we maintain a good working relationship & no doubt 2-3 of our youngsters will end up on loan there again.

New Stags boss has spoken to Tyler & stressed that they're keen for him to go back there next season!

Marinakis sees stags as a potential ‘feeder club’ relationship, did want to do it with county but that went pear shaped for some reason. Stags have been very open to the idea apparently.