The (Possible Premature) Official Welcome Back Michael Dawson Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The (Possible Premature) Official Welcome Back Michael Dawson Thread

Walker was far better than Terry and Ferdinand IMO. CP is right, he was rightly lauded up and down the country. He didn't earn the "you'll never beat Des Walker" chant for nothing!
I guess if you didn't see players like him, Pearce and Clough at the time, it's hard to visualise a Forest player being that good!
Back in those days you were genuinely gutted when the big boys came and poached our players. Now I couldn't give a flying shit about any of them! I don't think there is any current player that I would be totally gutted to see leave.
I'm 47, started going in 1978 when I was 7/8 yrs old, so did see the Euro Cup teams, though in all honesty don't really remember too much. The Clough teams with the above three players are the ones I really grew up with.
I agree with Pope though that Dawson was better than the likes of Cahill and Upson.

FFS I see the pip whackerz are back to their bullying best. I thought this was a safe space away from cretinous cliques, belligerent bullies or vile vile voices of descent. I for one care a jot as it is exactly these kind of mouse puns & bullying tactics that are lowering the room temperature of this place. Good Brie