The Positive thread | Vital Football

The Positive thread

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Ironic from me I'm sure but for all my issues with bits and bobs there's loads to look forward to. So what are you excited by or hopeful of? Grumbling elsewhere please.

I'll give one to start:

Carvalho - he's had a season to bed in and had to endure 'football' under MON but he looks our most technically gifted player for a long time. My prediction is that by Christmas he'll be linked with a Bournemouth or Burnley for £25m after a scintillating start to the season.

The summer of 2009 was a good window but I never in a million years expected us to finish third. Thought we might have a bit if a challenge for the playoffs at best

Whilst I think we’re a little light in some areas and overstocked in others, for the first time in a while I’m feeling vaguely confident about the upcoming season. I still think that top 6 is a stretch but with a bit of luck that last play off spot can be ours. Onwards and, maybe, upwards?

I think if Silva can bed in quickly he could be a cracking signing! Added to that Carvalho as you say and we could be watching some delicious football.
It will be interesting to see what happens when Carvalho is fit and ready.I hope he accommodates both players in the side.

Watching Cash cement his place at right back after a character building first couple of months.
By character building, do you mean having his arse handed to him week in, week out?

If so then yes this season could be very character building for him!

There is no way Cash should be asked to be a right back.

It doesn't fit any of his attributes. He can't cross to save his life for a start.

He is an attacking midfielder who can score goals. He needs developing that way as long term replacement for Lolley, not pissing about at RB because the club didn't get it's recruitment in order

I think there is a good chance Cash can, in time,become our first choice right back, even when others are fit. He has the energy and attacking instincts for the position. Yes, he needs to improve positioning and crossing, but, in my opinion, these are coachable, given time and match experience.

Whether or not he is immediately good enough for a team with playoff expectations is another matter.

Fulham and maybe WBA apart, the league will once again prove to be mediocre at best. We are mediocre at best, so have a chance!

I've always thought Cash could be a decent RB but will need coaching to within an inch of his life to do so...he isn't the best at reading the game.

When I noticed the thread title and who the OP was, my immediate conclusion was that Photography was the subject matter.

No, its the positive experience of imagining selling your best player to Bournemouth or playing Cash out of position.

Who's starting the thread on negativity?

There is no way Cash should be asked to be a right back.

It doesn't fit any of his attributes. He can't cross to save his life for a start.

He is an attacking midfielder who can score goals. He needs developing that way as long term replacement for Lolley, not pissing about at RB because the club didn't get it's recruitment in order

Its not only the fact that Cash is like a fish out of water playing at Full Back, its the negative impact it has on players like Lolley who play directly in front of him, and have to double back to cover when he cannot cope.

When I noticed the thread title and who the OP was, my immediate conclusion was that Photography was the subject matter.

No, its the positive experience of imagining selling your best player to Bournemouth or playing Cash out of position.

Didn't know about that.

Are we saying good bye to Lolley and any purpose in this season tonight then?

Not what I said halfwit but if you've nothing to contribute as usual move along.

Didn't know about that.

Are we saying good bye to Lolley and any purpose in this season tonight then?

Well I'm certainly not.

I hope the head coach sticks to his guns, takes the same approach he did in the friendlies, and doesnt start tinkering at the first run of bad form.

Villa may come back with another derisory bid for Lolley before the deadline but I cannot see us selling.