The Population Problem | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Population Problem

I'm not proud of my homeland. Then I think we stand on opposite sides of the Brexit debate which is another thread I won't get into here.

I'm not proud of living in a country that since 2016 has shown the xenophobia, racism and intolerance it has this government has stoked

Your right that millions of people have applied for settled status. There is also millions who have gone home and don't want to stay here because of the way certain groups are treating them.

Then there are those who have been turned down on ludicrous ground which is another Windrush. Some of those turned down are Drs and the like which is mad.

I'm also not proud of the ignorance and hatred that is poured out to people in desperate situations wanting to come here.

I can say I love where I live in York and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the U.K, for sure. Its my adopted home city in the U K. I have lived here 30 years.

As for thinking that we are the best country in the world, bar where all the wars are happening obviously, I don't think any country is better than another. Its just preference as to where we prefer to live.
If this country is so hateful towards immigrants kk, how come there are millions who are desperate to get here by any means possible, even ignoring the entire European mainland in order to get here?

If this country is so hateful towards immigrants kk, how come there are millions who are desperate to get here by any means possible, even ignoring the entire European mainland in order to get here?

To be fair though, they are coming from deprived continents or war torn countries! It’s not like they’re coming from Norway or Switzerland on the boat

To be fair though, they are coming from deprived continents or war torn countries! It’s not like they’re coming from Norway or Switzerland on the boat
To be fair dan virtually every one of them came via the EU and all were eligible for asylum there.

To be fair dan virtually every one of them came via the EU and all were eligible for asylum there.

Yes, I see the point your making.

Italy are taking something like 600k immigrants a year, I was shocked at the number of people on the street in Rome, and even 50 miles away in more remote areas on the Italian coast seemed a large number of a African migrants.

Italy are taking something like 600k immigrants a year, I was shocked at the number of people on the street in Rome, and even 50 miles away in more remote areas on the Italian coast seemed a large number of a African migrants.
It is not sustainable dan, large sections of the Italian public are fuming, it has lead to a rise of the right in Italy, and the EU simply have to bite the bullet and do something to stop it.
In time it will destabalise the EU.

About 50,000,000 results (0.61 seconds)

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
In the year ending March 2020: 715,000 people migrated into the UK and 403,000 people emigrated from it, leaving a net migration figure of 313,000.27 Apr 2021
Agree 403,000 left, but for a small island with a considerable housing problem it is still a lot of people to house.
How many of Italy s immigrants moved on?

Maybe we should have considered climate change and endless wars more seriously when we had the chance?

Both issues have led to the surge in refugees.

Perhaps Putin’s objective is to destabilise countries in the Middle East, to flood Europe with refugees to destabilise the countries within Europe and the EU?

Maybe we should have considered climate change and endless wars more seriously when we had the chance?

Both issues have led to the surge in refugees.
Climate change is not yet a big driver in the figures we see, but agree it will increase in years to come.
Not all of the wars in Africa are started by outside interests.
Many of them are as a result of African despot leaders looking to line their own pockets.

Perhaps Putin’s objective is to destabilise countries in the Middle East, to flood Europe with refugees to destabilise the countries within Europe and the EU?

Putin is a recent addition to the picture. Long before that, we were destabilising regions over oil, and we were pumping out gasses that have made parts of the world uninhabitable.

Climate change is not yet a big driver in the figures we see, but agree it will increase in years to come.
Not all of the wars in Africa are started by outside interests.
Many of them are as a result of African despot leaders looking to line their own pockets.

Climate change very much us a factor. Millions have already been displaced because of it.

Every equatorial region has seen millions displaced by the growth of deserts. Outside of this, wilder, more unpredictable weather has made many other regions difficult to grow food in.

I can find the UN report I read on it, later, if you'd like. I think their figure was 50 million people, from memory.

My Mate who is now retired but a couple of years ago was thinking of selling up and moving to Poland as the cost of living is cheaper, came up against so many barriers and red tape that "discouraged" non Poles from buying a house was a no go.
His wife's family is Polish, his wife was born and bred here but speaks the lingo but even that didn't count for much.
Yet at the time Poles could move here and get a job buy a house and everything without hassle.