The Population Problem | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Population Problem

We need a global stop! Politics and business models are generally no longer fit for purpose. GDP growth year on year is not sustainable for the planet. In fact we’ve probably gone past that point. Easy to say, less easy to fix.

That's the whole point of the tread. It's all about to end as the global population shrinks.

Single people like me, should be exalted as visionaries, as saviours, as the one truth path, we should be thanked, neigh, worshipped, for our selfless efforts not to add to the population problem.

Too much you think?

Seeing as we don't have dual household incomes, we certainly should receive some reward for our sacrifice.

Of course, with the housing crisis, some say we're just selfish...

LOL, my friend who got elected for the Greens in the local elections, for one. She sort of has a point, but with modern society more accepting of the choice to be single, it has to adapt.

De-friend her. Sorry, it has to be done.

We are messiahs I tells ya all...

(Collective worry that I'm getting a God complex!)

Bless you all...!

I’m just watching Reggie Yates in China and something struck me - it’s probably a good thing a gigantic country with over a billion people is a communist state. Imagine a country which is so broad and diverse, being a democracy? Surley it would end up in regional civil wars.

We’re brought up in the western world to believe democracy is right, every country should be a democracy and anything else is wrong, but who are we to say what’s right?

I’m just watching Reggie Yates in China and something struck me - it’s probably a good thing a gigantic country with over a billion people is a communist state. Imagine a country which is so broad and diverse, being a democracy? Surley it would end up in regional civil wars.

We’re brought up in the western world to believe democracy is right, every country should be a democracy and anything else is wrong, but who are we to say what’s right?

There are some advantages to their system. They can pivot away from failing or outdated policies very rapidly.

Governing such a huge country is always going to be a challenge but I'm not convinced that 'communism' is better.

Good isn't it? I think he's done some very fine documentaries.

I was amazed how consumerism is prospering in a communist state.

Democracy doesn't necessarily work does it? But I must say, I don't think communism is a better alternative. Understand what you are saying though.

India is just as large, and seems to do OK. Apart from their fight with Pakistan, of course.

Fair point, but overall considering there are so many people and ignoring a bit of persecution here and there it’s amazing how so many people have so little problems. Their crime rate from what I can tell is relative to ours in the UK per capita, despite being such a vast country.

I always believed democracy was a good thing because that’s what I’ve been taught at school and it seems to be what the western world wants. Chinese people are very introvert (and lack a lot of common sense and basic manners) from my experience, so perhaps they are suited to a more directional system?

Fair point, but overall considering there are so many people and ignoring a bit of persecution here and there it’s amazing how so many people have so little problems. Their crime rate from what I can tell is relative to ours in the UK per capita, despite being such a vast country.

I always believed democracy was a good thing because that’s what I’ve been taught at school and it seems to be what the western world wants. Chinese people are very introvert (and lack a lot of common sense and basic manners) from my experience, so perhaps they are suited to a more directional system?

There are thousands of protests every year in China which are dealt with very harshly. It's not that the people there are happy with the system but the system removes anyone who expresses their unhappiness.