The Political Posts From "WBA after DC" | Vital Football

The Political Posts From "WBA after DC"

Just out of interest who do you think this should be chosen by ?
As the party that was voted in (not by me I have to say) it is still more democratic than parliaments attempts to thwart the outcome of that referendum or those M of P that quit their parties but then refuse to stand in a by election. Last time I checked people voted at a general election for a party not an individual leader/President so I would say whether we like it or not the democratically elected government can choose who they want as leader until they are judged at the next general election. Could be worse with an anti semitic racist traitorous terrorist sympathiser at the helm of a party. However if that is what people want they can vote for it at the next GE. Great political choices currently isn't it.

Last edited:
Better to be voted in by a few thousand ?, racist ?, OAP’s ?, in the Tory shires ? than an uncontested vote by 350ish MP’s I would have thought...

As the party that was voted in (not by me I have to say) it is still more democratic than parliaments attempts to thwart the outcome of that referendum or those M of P that quit their parties but then refuse to stand in a by election. Last time I checked people voted at a general election for a party not an individual leader/President so I would say whether we like it or not the democratically elected government can choose who they want as leader until they are judged at the next general election. Could be worse with an anti semitic racist traitorous terrorist sympathiser at the helm of a party. However if that is what people want they can vote for it at the next GE. Great political choices currently isn't it.

Aha uhuh yeah. Whatevs.

Unfortunately this thread has become political. We are supposed to be talking about football.
However, for what it is worth, I will have my say.
Technically speaking we do vote for a 'party'at general elections but in reality we are voting also for a prime minister. If any party in power changes its leader mid term there should antomatically be a general election.
If son of trump Boris takes over we will heve two maniacs in charge of two of the
Major powers in the world. Boris will no doubt sit on trumps knee has he pushes the world back into major conflicts. We have learnt nothing from all the wars that have destroyed generations of working men .
I am sure Boris would win a general election what a sad indictment on what we have become as a country.
Anyway, back to what really matters, I don't see the Cowley's going anywhere soon. I think that it is more important to get the extra investment we need before we can start strengthening the squad.

Better to be voted in by a few thousand ?, racist ?, OAP’s ?, in the Tory shires ? than an uncontested vote by 350ish MP’s I would have thought...

Do you mean MPs that were elected as opposed to the blue rinse brigade in Shires, who have nothing better to worry about than getting a blue passport to match their 'barnet' and not elected?

Unfortunately this thread has become political. We are supposed to be talking about football.
However, for what it is worth, I will have my say.
Technically speaking we do vote for a 'party'at general elections but in reality we are voting also for a prime minister. If any party in power changes its leader mid term there should antomatically be a general election.
If son of trump Boris takes over we will heve two maniacs in charge of two of the
Major powers in the world. Boris will no doubt sit on trumps knee has he pushes the world back into major conflicts. We have learnt nothing from all the wars that have destroyed generations of working men .
I am sure Boris would win a general election what a sad indictment on what we have become as a country.
Anyway, back to what really matters, I don't see the Cowley's going anywhere soon. I think that it is more important to get the extra investment we need before we can start strengthening the squad.

And one wonders why we don't have faith in politicians of any stripe any more:
Johnson on Gordon Brown taking over from Tony Blair

‘It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me,’ Johnson wrote. ‘It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown was the target of the 2007 column ‘It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.’ Johnson argued that voters had elected Labour MPs on the belief that Tony Blair would remain Prime Minister for a third term. However, after facing growing pressure to resign, Brown took over from him without a leadership contest in May 2007. Calling the change in leadership a scandal, Johnson continued: ‘In 2005, there was a large number who voted Labour on the strength of a dwindling but still significant respect for the Prime Minister. ‘They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. ‘The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people.’ He further described Brown’s promotion to Prime Minister as a ‘palace coup’ before calling for an election ‘without delay’.