The Political Posts From "Today's League Two match thread." | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Political Posts From "Today's League Two match thread."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can stomach Portillo because of his rail travelogues and his coming out.

Back on track (pun intended).

I can stomach Portillo due to his rail travelogues and coming out.

What I can't stand is the nepotism of the likes of Quintin Hogg handing down his so called elected seat, of Hykeham and Sleaford to his son Douglas who used 'ucking taxpayers money to tp clean his moat out. Mark my words the same will happen with Rees-Mogg and his son.

Back to Mr. Portillo, and back on track (pun intended) the glitterazzi on Stagnent.net who were a nare a fortnight ago claiming the Imps were serial bottlers - now have quite a nasty (in places) thread called Bottlejobs, all is not well at FM:

https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35311

As they say on MasterChef, enjoy.

fadh.jpg

Yep we're all imps and politics just divide
Wish I'd put Mayor's missus was about to give birth now, jeez!

On the subject of politics, here's a quiz question:

Which British prime minister played non-league football as a young man? (There - that's a clue which eliminates two of them).

Well none of these - and before anyone mentions them it wasn't Dave Cameron or Neville Chamberlain either.

That's correct - he played for Fleet Town in around 1906. Whether he had modest gifts as a footballer is not recorded.

Not a politician, but Sir Sean Connery played for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic in Mid Lothian. He was semi-pro there and a very good striker. I read Bill Shankly wanted to sign him for Liverpool but a certain film came along instead so it was a (Dr) No to Liverpool.
Definitely made the right choice!

And of course Pope John Paul II was a professional goalie in Poland before taking up Poping.

And another famous goalie was Julio Eglesias.

Not a politician, but Sir Sean Connery played for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic in Mid Lothian. He was semi-pro there and a very good striker. I read Bill Shankly wanted to sign him for Liverpool but a certain film came along instead so it was a (Dr) No to Liverpool.
Definitely made the right choice!

Actually it might have been Matt Busby who tried to sign Connery...sorry.
I was on the right lines.

I think you should lighten up a bit.
You must have forgotten the 2017 General Election when Dianne Abbott got her sums wrong live on a radio interview when questioned about funding the police force. She would be very well suited to be a Labour Chancellor of the Exchequer with her accounting skills.

Aye yeah, not like all those Tory Chancellors who have such a good handle on public finances they can shovel it all into the pockets of private companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.