The Political Compass test | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Political Compass test

I was just joshing with those who constantly try to sow division Mark 😉
Hang the Tories 😂
That would win people over wouldn’t it?

Seriously though, it does appear that a strap line makes a difference.
Winning votes is like anything else, it needs advertising.

Labour cannot win with Labour votes. We need to entice and convince the floating voter and some who have previously voted Tory.
Metropolitan elite people saying hang the Tories is why we remain in opposition

In my view only only way to beat the tories and that's a lib lab coalition. If they worked together and agreed to let the other stand in places where they were most likely to unseat the tory then that would see tories defeated. Not sure anything else wil

I like build social housing as well. Could even plough the profits back into services.

It's simple really.

That is a typical metropolitan elite statement, dare one say.

How about?

Tax anyone who makes more than 50k a year to 60%
Too many words but would win votes 👍
Surely a higher % for the supposed "rich" is discrimination ?
(Does that include oppressed, black footballers ?)

We know that the top 1% of earners already pay nearly 30% of all income tax.
How much more supposed "fairness" does the left want ?
(Most advocating ever higher tax rates (%) are at best envious, at worst vindictive.)

40% of £1,000,000 pays for considerably more nurses than 40% of £50,000.
(But maths has never been a strong point of leftist politicians and commentators :shake:)

Instead of punishing successful job creators, why not remove some of the monopolistic protections that enrich some people at the expense of others ?
(e.g. Copyright, Trademark, Exclusivity arrangements etc)

I agree with that , it was weighted towards the left.
If any more evidence of zero neutrality is needed, read this:>
https://www.politicalcompass.org/counterpoint-20181222-brexit

"most pro-Brexit callers. They don’t like migrants and they don’t like the EU telling their country what to do."

Were Brexiteers "ignorant" ?
According to Political Compass, perhaps it wasn't the Leavers who were "ignorant".....;)
"others have subsequently learnt more about the seismic implications of the leave vote and wish to make a better-informed choice in a second referendum."

Then follows a passage "helpful" to the Labour Party.
It analyses the Party and its traditional voters...
(....with no similar analysis of other Parties or voters.)

"From the outset Labour should have been robustly educating its post-industrial heartlands on the relevant benefits of the EU Social Chapter"
(If only the ignorant proles had been "educated"...)

"In these Trump times, the US has never been less popular in the UK".
("UK" ??? .....or Guardian readers ?)

"Labour’s response to all things Brexit has been too tepid. Too small. Too breathless. And too late. "
Political Compass is clearly disappointed with the current Labour Party - hence its positioning as barely left of centre.

And neither should it be surprising that they place the Conservative Party as far right as possible - with the barely disguised innuendo in their parting sentence ....
"A constant prelude to fascism is an enfeebled opposition."

Cos baby, I'm an anarchist, You're a spineless liberal! We marched together for the 8 hour day, And held hands in the streets of Seattle. But when it came time to throw bricks through that Starbucks window You left me all alone...

'Kill Whitey' ? Nice lyrics !
What 'colour' are you Bud?