the point of a bank holiday? | Vital Football

the point of a bank holiday?

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
its getting to that time of year when we have bank holidays and for me cannot see the point in them, if anything i would abolish them, as they are nothing but a complete waste of time especially if your self employed or running a business.

so can someone tell me the actual point of having a "bank holiday" in these difficult times?

think you say it yourself mate, for us no use at all, as we run our own businesses and so work through.

For the employed, it is a day off !

The point is old traditions whether you agree with them agree with them or not.

The Fear - 5/5/2013 18:39

think you say it yourself mate, for us no use at all, as we run our own businesses and so work through.

For the employed, it is a day off !

Not just you business types working today you know!

even when i was employed by a company i hated them and why? being told i hate to take a day off with no choice in the matter alongside every other bugger in the country, roads are jammed, shops half shut, funny opening times and queues everywhere.

if i wanted a day off surely is should be up to myself to do it rather then the state? no wonder this country is going to the dogs as its more filled with sheep nodding away whilst the other half have their heads in the sand ....

For once Badge I guess it could be a good day to just sit in the garden?

If you have a garden.

badge73 - 6/5/2013 10:24

even when i was employed by a company i hated them and why? being told i hate to take a day off with no choice in the matter alongside every other bugger in the country, roads are jammed, shops half shut, funny opening times and queues everywhere.

if i wanted a day off surely is should be up to myself to do it rather then the state? no wonder this country is going to the dogs as its more filled with sheep nodding away whilst the other half have their heads in the sand ....

Let's make Christmas and New Years Day regular working days too then.

Spend time with friends and family.

The most important thing in the World in my opinion.

ASPINALL - 6/5/2013 09:45

You've not met his family! :15:

And if you think he has friends, you've not met him either! :4:

Villan Of The North - 6/5/2013 09:34

badge73 - 6/5/2013 10:24

Let's make Christmas and New Years Day regular working days too then.

as an atheist i agree :17:

The Fear - 6/5/2013 10:32

ASPINALL - 6/5/2013 09:45

You've not met his family! :15:

And if you think he has friends, you've not met him either! :4:

most of them have buggered off on their bikes :131:

Badge I didn't realise you were such a miserable bugger. Just get your deck chair out in your garden, roll up your trouser legs, put your hanky on your head and relax! :65:

I'm self employed and I usually work through them. I can't see the point either. Just give people more annual holidays and let everyone else get one with it.

An extra day when all my friends can meet and have a great time, outside of the normal family routine: what's not to like?

I'm self employed, and I love Bank Holidays.

There are more important things in life than work, you know.

BodyButter - 6/5/2013 20:16

I'm self employed and I usually work through them. I can't see the point either. Just give people more annual holidays and let everyone else get one with it.

Worse for me I'm a contractor and not paid for holidays but forced to take one off .

If you can't earn a decent living in the normal working year, then your business model is wrong. You know how many days you have at he start of the year.

Bank Holidays are great for the spirit, and all my staff love them, and return invigorated.

We should have a few more.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/5/2013 21:09

An extra day when all my friends can meet and have a great time, outside of the normal family routine: what's not to like?

I'm self employed, and I love Bank Holidays.

There are more important things in life than work, you know.

but the question remains ... why do you need the state to organise it? nowt stopping all your friends and yourself from having any day off if you book it off.