The Playoff Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Playoff Thread

Second terrible decision against Notts. Legitimate goal disallowed, following the dodgy penalty in the first leg.

I really want Notts to lose and thankfully they are. My reason in saying this is that years ago they were totally skint and there was a charity match played at Notts ground and there were lots of Forest fans putting a lot of money into the coffers to help them out. What we got was abuse from their so called fans and ever since then I have become an anti County watcher. The way they played tonight hoofball ala Aladyce style.

Don't forget 1st leg peno, should've been 3-3 on legitimate goals.

If Forte's goal stands it's a different game. Cov the better footballing side.

Cant remember watching a 4th division game on the telly before. The standard is really poor. Refs are terrible. Grant showed glimmers of quality but with the standard out there he should have been bossing the game. No way is he up to our required standard.

The 2 decisions changed the game. Notts win in my book if the equaliser is given.

I really feel for them.

I don't think so. Easy to say but Coventry scored 4 goals and were ruthless on the break.

Look at the offside again- it's a trailing arm only that keeps Forte 'on'. If that arm is by the defenders side he is off. In other words, was he gaining an unfair advantage by being ahead of the last defender? Yes he was.

Letter of the law counts the arm, but it's not some outrageous decision. The Coventry ones were too close to reasonably call