The Playoff Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Playoff Thread

Agree with you Basha.On a positive note I suppose that is why it makes the championship such an intriguing league as we could end up fighting for a play off place to being relegation candidates.

It is definitely the most interesting league to watch. Love the fact that you can never truly predict who is going to be where from one season to the next.

We'll be relegated next season if Karanka's solution to our striker problem doesnt work
We will certainly be in trouble that’s for sure.

The fact that he has identified our problem areas and the acted decisively bodes well but the ultimate proof will be in who he brings in and whether he can get them to perform.

Hoping Shrewsbury win too chaps. I can't remember them being in the 2nd tier before and would be a great achievement. With Wigan and Blackburn back up it is difficult to name three sides who you would expect to be in a relegation battle next season.

They were last in the Division 2 in the late 70's - early 80's. I had a mate who was a Chelsea fan, went to see them play at Shrewsbury's old ground - The Shrews' won 3-0, was a lot of trouble during and after the game as Chelsea fans were a bit heavy then.

Agree with you Basha.On a positive note I suppose that is why it makes the championship such an intriguing league as we could end up fighting for a play off place to being relegation candidates.

This. It's not the biggest or the best football but I reckon we r the most competitive league in the world where every season we have half the league or more with the capacity (If not the consistency) to challenge for promotion.

Big bunch of physical shite are Rotherham. Score from a long ball or set piece.

They'll beat us next year of coirse because we think that defending set pieces is too pedestrian

I played a few games alongside Paul Warne at Diss Town many years ago , they'd won the FA Vase the previous season. He played in the Vase final.
He was snapped up by Wigan I think.

Although I wanted Shrewsbury to win Rotherham fully deserved their victory.They look a decent, spirited side and the sort of team we would normally struggle against.

Impressed by the manager...
Rotherham's?

He has brought in nearly a whole new squad of big nasty bastards and long balled and bullied their way out of the league. Simple as that.

If you want to see what we will be like next year as things stand, watch the Scunthorpe-Rotherham playoff. There are going to be loads of huge, big bastard physical sides in this division- Derby, Villa, Rotherham, Blackburn, Stoke, West Brom, Milwall, Hull, Birmingham... All can play the same kind of way and all have their share of big bullies.

I'm beginning to see why he wants Marney. We urgently need to up our physical presence considering how agricultural this division is getting

To be fair to Rotherham they had a mixture of hard players and good footballers.The fella Ball who missed the penalty and Williams are good players.They will get more points than they did last time round.

We are 25s to win and 8s to go up

Im having a few bob on it. Are you? Well are you? I knew you would Orbz I wasn't asking you. But you Ingy, will you scarifice a fishcake for a punt? Thought not

We are 25s to win and 8s to go up

Im having a few bob on it. Are you? Well are you? I knew you would Orbz I wasn't asking you. But you Ingy, will you scarifice a fishcake for a punt? Thought not
I bet on the footie weekly and is a ritual as much as the dilemma of the extra fish cake or battered sausage chap. Yeah I will bet on Forest to go up but not as champions as that appears unlikely.