The Playoff Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Playoff Thread

I don't think so. Easy to say but Coventry scored 4 goals and were ruthless on the break.

Look at the offside again- it's a trailing arm only that keeps Forte 'on'. If that arm is by the defenders side he is off. In other words, was he gaining an unfair advantage by being ahead of the last defender? Yes he was.

Letter of the law counts the arm, but it's not some outrageous decision. The Coventry ones were too close to reasonably call

Absolutely disagree with all of that. If we were on the wrong end of 3 result changing decisions over 2 games we'd be suicidal.

Anyway im of to bed and wont be losing sleep over it.

Wasn't 2-5 our score when we lost to both Sheff U and Yeovil? Good to see Notts keeping up tradition.

He knew what you was saying Popey, he's just a raving pedant. Aren't you AC? Well? Answer the question, you are aren't you? Thought so

I was hoping for a Notts win but overall it sounds as though the better side won.
Were the officials really that bad ?

Didn't watch the first game , but Notts were winning 1-0 when the ref gave a penalty in the 87th minute from a perfectly good tackle. In the second leg Coventry played Notts off the park in the first half, but Grant pulled it back to 2-1. After 65 minutes Notts equalised with a perfectly good goal that was disallowed. Six minutes later, instead of being at 2-2 (or even one up from the first leg), Coventry scored after two passes that were both marginally offside), going 3-1 up. Notts were like a popped balloon at 4-2 down on aggregate, when they should actually have been 3-2 up on aggregate. Who says VAR is no use!! 3 bad decisions against Notts in 180 minutes of football.

Just read that forest (jointly) hold the record for most participations in playoffs without ever reaching a final.

I knew our playoff shitness had to be some sort of record

So, first result went 100% the right way.

Today is the one that is more important to us.

I want Shrewsbury for this one.

Last thing we need is all three of last year's relegates teams coming straight back-to-back I can't remember that everyone happening before but it's not good for either division.

It's awful enough that we have utter crap like Blackburn and Wigan to suffer again without those big longballing beasts if Rotherham

Banger is desperate for Shrewsbury to get promoted so he can take young AC to Gay Meadow.

Hoping Shrewsbury win too chaps. I can't remember them being in the 2nd tier before and would be a great achievement. With Wigan and Blackburn back up it is difficult to name three sides who you would expect to be in a relegation battle next season.

Bolton will probably struggle again as will QPR as they can’t spend. With all the teams struggling with FFP there could be a surprise name.

Preston, Sheff Utd and Milwall all did well this season but it wouldn’t surprise me if one or more slid down the division and Brentford and Brizzle could struggle too.

I have no doubt this season will be tough but there are plenty of sides with capacity to fail, unfortunately we are one of them...