The players and managers speculation thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The players and managers speculation thread

Get 10/3 on sky bet for gills to go down, other sites will have better odds. We won't go down under Evans. We won't challenge at the top either but we will be steady in lower mid. League one is getting harder each year and eventually we will drop back to 2 but not this year.

A relegation accumulator can give decent odds (especially if cash out is active)

I got 108/1 for

Watford
Blackpool
Hartlepool
Morecambe

Fiver on that hopefully cashout a few months in if they have bad starts.

I’m calling it, one signing tomorrow :please:

In the kitchen ?

Apparently, the new sous chef is finding it difficult to curry favour and has made a right meal of getting into a bit of a pickle during his first friendly; is now dishing out a lot of flax. So, whether the sous chef takes apple & pears to a new kettle and hob, or the club simply decide to "fruit & nut" the "roll" and micky most the chef, we could be in need of a new set of longers and lingers in the galley ? ?

I`m off for a kitchen sink.......

Hardly any movement of players in league one this week at all.
I think about eight players in total.
Very very quiet considering the season starts in two weeks.
The only signing of note is Mo Eisa from Posh to MK for a sizeable fee.

Hardly any movement of players in league one this week at all.
I think about eight players in total.
Very very quiet considering the season starts in two weeks.
The only signing of note is Mo Eisa from Posh to MK for a sizeable fee.

Bit weird. Considering there are a lot of free agents now on the market and, even accounting for Covid restrictions, the lack of signings (or news of signings) does seem a bit odd. Maybe some clubs are more stretched, financially, than they`ve been letting on !

Could forward Marc McNulty be GFC bound ? Told (this week) doesn`t figure in Reading`s plans, linked with Gills eleven months ago !

Could forward Marc McNulty be GFC bound ? Told (this week) doesn`t figure in Reading`s plans, linked with Gills eleven months ago !

What do we reckon (those that know or have seen him). Would McNulty be a good signing?

I see he’s had good figures for Coventry in 2018 (20+ in 40), Livingston, Pompey (earlier loan), Sheff U and Hibs (7 in 15 on loan). But also in last 2 years hardly scored any at Dundee, Hibs and Sunderland in loan spells and hardly figured much at all for Reading.

Good player still?

I see McNulty has one year left on his contract. I would think that Reading would not want him back in January so a loan deal might not go through. Paying him off might be a possible option.But so would waiting if the embargo was lifted as he is still training. I am guessing all remaining signings will be currently training with other teams with the possible exception of the goalkeeper .So no fitness issues and every day saves money. I would guess a lot of other teams are in much the same position.Not a great time to be out of contract with the exception of any of the players that are currently negotiating with multiple clubs.
It could be possible that our loan signings might be a little older this season?
It would allow more room for our own younger players in.the match day squad occasionally.
Our own unwanted players might be in the same position waiting for loan deals elsewhere.

Last edited:
New contract, new club, new team-mates etc - could be just the tonic for someone like McNulty. TBH, i`d like to see a sniper/fox in the box type forward to compliment Vadaine - is Mc Nulty that type of player ? I dunno.

Peter O’Rourke (sports journalist on twitter, followed by a lot of credible people) has just tweeted -

“Gillingham are lining up a move to sign Watford midfielder Daniel Phillips on loan.”

Only 20, and looks like no senior appearances anywhere yet. Full name is very promising tho -

Daniel Shaquille Jabari Phillips 👍

Peter O’Rourke (sports journalist on twitter, followed by a lot of credible people) has just tweeted -

“Gillingham are lining up a move to sign Watford midfielder Daniel Phillips on loan.”

Only 20, and looks like no senior appearances anywhere yet. Full name is very promising tho -

Daniel Shaquille Jabari Phillips 👍

Looks a good shout, OSK. Young Daniel sounds like a gem of a midfielder. He`s also a cousin of (our very own) Ian Cox.