The players and managers speculation thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The players and managers speculation thread

MK and Ipswich both making a big play for promotion it appears.

Reckon Sheff Wed aren’t going to find the going easy. And I think it’s going to be very tough for us to crack the top 10 again.

MK and Ipswich both making a big play for promotion it appears.

Reckon Sheff Wed aren’t going to find the going easy. And I think it’s going to be very tough for us to crack the top 10 again.

As with the prediction thread I fancy MK to have a massive season! Living close by I will probably go to a game or two! Will always hate the way MK Dons came to be, but love the way Russell Martin has them playing! Possession based football will rule league one!

As with the prediction thread I fancy MK to have a massive season! Living close by I will probably go to a game or two! Will always hate the way MK Dons came to be, but love the way Russell Martin has them playing! Possession based football will rule league one!

nope -
up and atem, f em up, avvvvittt, get rid, lump it, get it up there, get it in the mixer, direct football will do us proud.

Try not to forget the Gills while enjoying your franchise experience.
There was me thinking the world was wanting rid of plastics 😉

Try not to forget the Gills while enjoying your franchise experience.
There was me thinking the world was wanting rid of plastics 😉

Dont worry, will still get to watch the gills a couple of times this season!

nope -
up and atem, f em up, avvvvittt, get rid, lump it, get it up there, get it in the mixer, direct football will do us proud.
Too right ! With Fred Flintstone at the back and Barney Rubble in midfield we can't go wrong. Just need a decent striker Jadon Sandstone would work if we could get him off Borussia Dolomite

Bolton Wanders looked slick in their win over PNE last evening. Hope that Gills can get the ship out of port asap - or it could be a very long cruise to Plymouth next month !

I am seriously thinking about placing a bet on our relegation at the end of the coming season, something I have not considered doing before. I have never, ever, been so despondent during a close season. Seemingly nothing is going right for us - not even a handful of new signings, covid cutting our preseason back to a bare minimum and, worst of all, abso-fucking-lutely nothing in the way of information coming out of the club. I know I shouldn't be airing my grievances like this - and if the season goes well, please feel free to remind me of my pessimism - but I honestly think we are bottom 4 material and we all know where that leads. I wonder if we would be considered a big club in league 2? Probably not

I am seriously thinking about placing a bet on our relegation at the end of the coming season, something I have not considered doing before. I have never, ever, been so despondent during a close season. Seemingly nothing is going right for us - not even a handful of new signings, covid cutting our preseason back to a bare minimum and, worst of all, abso-fucking-lutely nothing in the way of information coming out of the club. I know I shouldn't be airing my grievances like this - and if the season goes well, please feel free to remind me of my pessimism - but I honestly think we are bottom 4 material and we all know where that leads. I wonder if we would be considered a big club in league 2? Probably not

I start every season full of optimism.
Even the seasons when we have struggled, I can’t contemplate relegation until it’s mathematically impossible to stay up.
I can’t really see this current lineup of players struggling too badly but admit that the squad is very thin.
However, not having to play every Saturday and Tuesday will help recovery time.
If we can stay relatively injury free then I’d hope for another mid table finish.
Big V will miss Graham crossing the ball and the defence will miss Ogilvie.

EFL has put an end to the five subs allowed rule - back to three, that`s good news for GFC !

Not sure however it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be when the season ends sometime - whenever, depending on how the pandemic plays out.....
Lincoln forum has a poll of where each club could finish.
Out of 30 entries so far, only two have Gills finishing in the relegation zone and one of those has Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland also relegated.
So, opposition fans don’t think we are that bad.
Hopefully they are correct.

The season hast even started yet, absolutely we can do without the loss of pre season preparation but teams will be affected by this throughout the season.
I believe the players will still be doing their own fitness regimes and the club will still be talking to players.
Do I believe we are promotion candidate (No) do I think we are dead certs for relegation (No)
Hopefully an average mid table finding with the odd big scalp will be nice