The players and managers speculation thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The players and managers speculation thread

I fully understand your point ST but having mooched around a lot of non league football in my younger days, I can tell you that money is a huge motivation .

Had I been good enough and committed enough to play at a full professional level, I'd have done exactly the same as these guys.

Many championship clubs pay half a million a year for some pretty mediocre players.
The championship average is £35k a week. £1.8 million a year.
That's the average, with some on more than double that.
I'm not suggesting Eaves is on that sort of money but I'd reckon at least £300,000 a year.
I'd sit on the bench for three seasons for a million quid.

It's an opportunity to earn money which could change the lives of his children (if he has them, or may have them in the future). Very very very hard to say no to.

Also Let's not forget he was probably on "pony" money until Hull, I doubt he was caning it at Yeovil.

Portsmouth played Cheltenham on Tuesday (1-1) - did anybody notice the Gillingham falvoured Pompey back line !

Ogilvie was at left centre-half with Sean Raggett on his right and Mahlon Romeo was at RB ! Their LB is from Farningham so, at a stretch, there`s a full Kent link.

Glad that Ogilvie is active at last and Graham started for Brum in their last match and got an assist for the third goal. Cracking cross.

Oliver - stays
Dempsey - stays
Graham - leaves
Okeefe - stays
Tucker - stays
Ogilve - leaves?
God I’m good. The rest will fuck off though, and I have no fondness for them if they do. If you run out your contract then you’re part of the problem. Still, I suppose it won’t affect you too much when you’re playing for your team’s B side in the FA Cup second round.