The player who left thread | Page 421 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The Birmingham City Mail are now claiming Ci£y have 5 players up for sale including Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus to fund the deals for Grealish and Kane.
The newspaper of our own City is an absolute disgrace
The clue is in the name of the rag "Birmingham City" - a second rate publication sharing a name with a second rate football team.

The Birmingham City Mail are now claiming Ci£y have 5 players up for sale including Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus to fund the deals for Grealish and Kane.
The newspaper of our own City is an absolute disgrace

Don't think it's the way City do business. They need a strong squad. The only reason they'd go for Kane is that he wants to go, even though Levy apparently doesn't want him to. With Jack, he's not exactly shouting to get out and City know our owners hold all the cards.

The leak about him wanting to leave that came out before the season ended was pretty telling to me. Kane has said nothing to dispel those reports either.

It's a far far cry from anything Super Jack has said or done. In fact you could argue it is the opposite.

Jack would have to push really hard for Wes and Nassif to think of letting him go. Is he really going to sever all that attaches him to Villa? Don't think so. Suspect he'll sit just enough on the fence to make sure the new contracts keep coming. Which is fair enough.

I know Citeh pay stupid wages and then end up lumbered with players they can't sell because no one else is foolish enough to pay that kind of money, but I wonder how much they would be prepared to pay Jack in wages?

If the owners really want to build something around Jack's talent then they're probably going to have to give him a new contract big enough so that money stops being an issue, and neither Jack (or his agent) give this a second thought with regard to 'I could get more money if I moved to x or y).

"Jack Grealish transfer door could be open to Man Utd or Man City after Aston Villa move" The Express

Oh noooooooo, what are we all going to do???????

Didn't bother to read the article btw :LOL:

The Express have being trying to get Jack flogged off for a while. I reckon it's an attempt to boost flagging sales of the rag in a similar way to how they banged on about Diana after her untimely death.

Typical of their execrable standard of journalism, here is a quote from the article:

The Cityzens lost in the final to Premier League rivals Manchester City, as their wait for a European Cup goes on.

:slap:

Last edited:
My old man used to buy the Daily Express every morning after he came home from his night shift at Lucas, Formans Road.

He would be turning in his grave if he was to see how far the paper has declined and has now become a total rag swirling around in the gutter along with the Sun and a couple of others.

As for Jack Grealish, he's going to sign a new, financially improved contract at Villa Park so get over it.

Last edited: