The player who left thread | Page 391 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Before my time, but my old man tells me there was a meltdown when Andy Gray was sold to the Dingles and that made less sense than this as they were a bag of shit.
As long as the money is spent wisely and not blown on the type of crap that Spuds spent the Bale money on, then it wouldnt be the end of the world.
I'd prefer Jack to stay but this club is bigger than any one player.

Before my time, but my old man tells me there was a meltdown when Andy Gray was sold to the Dingles and that made less sense than this as they were a bag of shit.
As long as the money is spent wisely and not blown on the type of crap that Spuds spent the Bale money on, then it wouldnt be the end of the world.

Not saying I don't trust our recruitment process, but to get back on the playing field we were originally on with Jack would mean us having to get 3 or 4 top class players who can all hit the ground running from the word go. Any team would struggle to get that sort of success rate with their transfers in a single window.

I cried when we sold Andy Gray , and it would be the end of the world for me.

Players like Super Jack don't come round very often.

I cried when we sold Andy Gray , and it would be the end of the world for me.

Players like Super Jack don't come round very often.
Exactly, I can't name another player in the PL that has similar footballing attributes. Don't get me wrong, there are some great players equal to or even above Jack's level, but they just don't bring what Jack brings.

We'd have to reinvent our style of play and invest heavily just to stand still. It would delay our progress for at least a season.

Not one reputable source had come out and declared this. Its all just drivel. Ironic that the newspaper the Sun has the least bright journalists working for them.

Jack was visibly frustrated being subbed during the season for us and he's not been playing every minute for England, that's what he'd have to get used to at club level if he went to City. No one is guaranteed a game there. When he's fit, he plays here.

Yesterday there was an article saying city were interested in Watkins and the starting bid was 60m
Liverpool in for mcginn for 50m. Its all rubbish used to fill in space.

I don't want Jack to go. I would have accepted it after the season when just avoiding relegating, but there was progress last season and quality additions to the squad already. He came out and said he wanted to be part of the managers and owners vision for the future.

Jack has been everywhere since the Euros started doing interviews, it's obviously what the public want to read about. Sensationalist reporting.

I'm Irish, so I'm outside looking in so to speak, but the English media seem to always want to distract their players during tournaments with rumours and digging up dirt on their personal life. I don't understand it at all.

I think for this one we need to take our very pointy Villa hats off. If we can get anywhere in the region of 100m then thats great business for us, as long as we invest wisely! No man is bigger than the club and he despite being Villa through and through he has to think about what he wants etc. 100m for a player who lets be honest can only offer just over half a season (going off past few). Cant really turn that down. Its a step back for us but in the long run may work out for the better. Who knows. Personally I want him to stay but cant knock the guy if he wants trophies to go elsewhere :shrug:

£100m? That would get us five Wesleys.

It's a win win for us really when we are talking about these sums. Jack is a fantastic player and we have already had about 10 good years out of him. £100 million could take us to the next level so if they want to pay it then let them pay it. If not we keep a quality player. We can't lose on this one.

From the headlines (I refuse to click on the articles) it seems to boil down to a source saying his agent has said if Man City bid after the Euros then he's confident the transfer would happen.

I smell bullshit.

No England game until Tuesday. Got to get them clicks somehow.
I so hope your right. As I said on a previous thread whilst I know its the way of the world now, the sight of so called media "crying on behalf of us "proper fans" about the ESL and then doing everything they can in their twisted minds to devastate the "proper fans", sickens me to the stomach. More so by a million miles than what that fuckwit Matt Hancock has been up to.

More so by a million miles than what that fuckwit Matt Hancock has been up to.
giphy.gif

It's a win win for us really when we are talking about these sums. Jack is a fantastic player and we have already had about 10 good years out of him. £100 million could take us to the next level so if they want to pay it then let them pay it. If not we keep a quality player. We can't lose on this one.
I agree, with the right strategy we could potentially push on. The team would play very differently but could improve further if done right.

Yes you're right 10 years was a bit strong on my part. He has been a fixture in the first team since 2015 though so we have had some good service out of him.

I only say 4 because that’s when he had a great season, the two before that averaged a 6.4 and 6.6/10 rating, those for me were average at 7 goal contributions and 1 goal in that 2015 season.

Im being picky fucker 👍😂