The player who left thread | Page 425 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I don't doubt for a second that Jack loves this club, would love to see him stay and be a part of a resurgent and rejuvinated Villa. I'm sure the powers that be at Villa have been telling him that he is key to their plans and with a stronger squad being assembled, we are capable of doing something a Villa side have not achieved for far too many years - trophies and winners medals.

Other way around. Players hire agents, the players are the agents clients. Jack/any player doesn't have to do what an agent tells them, they would of course, be silly not to take advice, but the decision is the players and the players alone.

I agree to a point but I wouldn’t underestimate an agents ability to influence and manipulate for their own good. The slimiest of slimmest professions.

That said, there’s a picture of jack on social media with his fingers in his ears which I’m sure was doing the rounds last year. It’s been shared by McGinn, perhaps it’s a sign it’s all noise?!

I agree to a point but I wouldn’t underestimate an agents ability to influence and manipulate for their own good. The slimiest of slimmest professions.

That said, there’s a picture of jack on social media with his fingers in his ears which I’m sure was doing the rounds last year. It’s been shared by McGinn, perhaps it’s a sign it’s all noise?!

Yes its the fingers in to his ears thing he did at the west ham away last year when we scraped survival. He posted it during the "Grealish to Utd/Spurs/City/Anyone but Villa is a done deal" talk before the start of the last season and not long after his new contract was announced. People are taking it to mean the same again, especially as Mcginn is getting in on it.

Why on earth would you want to see the lad fail.
He has given his everything for our club.
I hope he stays, but if he goes then I would like to see him strut his stuff on the big stage, and think that we had a hand in making him the player he is.
That I guess is where our opinions diverge, which is fine. Personally I believe (having been there in Rotterdam and Highbury and all that went before) that AVFC can provide the "big stage" you speak of especially if he's a fan as he says. If he succeds at another club it means to me in the EPL that "we" are either not succeeding or are settling for mediocrity. If he went abroad I would feel the same as you, but not here I'm afraid.

That I guess is where our opinions diverge, which is fine. Personally I believe (having been there in Rotterdam and Highbury and all that went before) that AVFC can provide the "big stage" you speak of especially if he's a fan as he says. If he succeds at another club it means to me in the EPL that "we" are either not succeeding or are settling for mediocrity. If he went abroad I would feel the same as you, but not here I'm afraid.
I hope you are correct.
I know from the early eighties that things can happen very suddenly when the right circumstances align.
I hope we are at the start of something big, but remain unconvinced as of yet.

While SJG is a great player and a massive asset to the club, he is not AVFC and we will be around long after he has finished his playing days. As I see it, £100m is a lot of money to invest and none of us know whether Jack's shin injury is a recurrent issue. We also don't know whether his off field antics will continue ala a certain Wayne Rooney and disrupt others in the team.

The club do know (or at least are much better informed than ourselves) the answers to the above and will make the appropriate decisions based on the weight of evidence - I trust this leadership.

Of course I don't want Jack to leave, I want us to win things with him in the team. I want him to perform into his mid-thirties and be a model pro and future ambassador for the club, but if he is allowed to leave by the current set up, it will be for the right reasons - of that I am sure.

BTW remember all the speculation last season and we found out after that the club hadn't even been approached. There's a very good case to make that it is similar this season because of the contract he signed, so while bored by the continuous speculation, I'm not overly worried. Roll on 31 August.

I'm actually gobsmacked that anyone who claims to know anything about Aston Villa or Jack Grealish could possibly question if he's really a Villa fan.

I think him being a proper Villa fan is one thing not really up for debate.

If he leaves, that doesn't make him any less of a fan. It's a career.

I love your idea of a rosey world full of pixies and fairy dust where all players play for the clubs they support for their entire careers, but back in reality that just doesn't happen I'm afraid. You're talking fairy tale stuff.

I'm actually gobsmacked that anyone who claims to know anything about Aston Villa or Jack Grealish could possibly question if he's really a Villa fan.

I think him being a proper Villa fan is one thing not really up for debate.

If he leaves, that doesn't make him any less of a fan. It's a career.

I love your idea of a rosey world full of pixies and fairy dust where all players play for the clubs they support for their entire careers, but back in reality that just doesn't happen I'm afraid. You're talking fairy tale stuff.
Read the post again Deano, said I'd love it if he did, no expectation that he will. Apart from that, fully agree, it's a cold hard business for both the players and the owners and they will make decisions based on their own interests.

Read the post again Deano, said I'd love it if he did, no expectation that he will. Apart from that, fully agree, it's a cold hard business for both the players and the owners and they will make decisions based on their own interests.

Sorry Merd, wasn't aimed at you.

I think it's Stuvilla who's been question if Jack is really a Villa fan. Just find it odd.

In the past when players reached a certain level they left, because other clubs offered a better, indeed much better, place to continue move to a higher level. Young, Barry, Milner, and so on. Villa was struggling to maintain whatever position it was at. We were not a big club, and hadn't been since WWII. Villa would have benefitted from those players staying, but not to the extent that it would have put us in the big club league.

Bit different now. Jack staying is a real option for him because the owners have the ambition, means and expertise to put the club back at the top level. There are no certainties in this world. The club might not make it, or might take longer than hoped for. On the other hand, if Jack moves he becomes just one cog in a big machine and there's no guarantees that he'll fit. Whatever, there are good reasons for him to develop his career with us, and my guess is that he'll do that for at least another year.

Another factor is his leg. We're probably a good place for him to see if he can get that trouble behind him.

Probably an age thing but I see Aston Villa as a bigger club than Chelsea or Man City, we just haven't had billionaire owners as long as they have.
Jack is probably too young to share my views but hopefully they will be well installed into him by his Dad and Grandad

Neither were even close to being big or successful clubs until recently. If both got heavy sanctions they would go back to being what they used to be. Neither have a proper fanbase.

Jack is 1000% a Villa fan, from a family of Villa fans. Said it a few times in this thread, if he was to leave at any point, it wouldn't make him anything other than a Villa fan still.

This is a job of work - and yes, a nice one with a passion attached if you are lucky enough to play for your boyhood club.

Fair enough, but with that opinion I have to question if you're really a Villa fan. You sound like a Bluenose to me.
Funking he'll your obviously a post Sky "fan" you bellend. "Question if I'm even a Villa fan" . You clearly are of that mind that supporting a team is all about success now or as quickly as YOU want it. Having been home and away through the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions plus European trips in the 60's, 70's and 80's what have you ever done to support AVFC, beyond renewing your Sky subscription and coming on here to disrespect people with a different opinion to yours. Oh and I know plenty of noses and their loyalty to the shit that is Small Heath would put yours to AVFc to shame. I have a different opinion to you and I said that was fine, your just an annoying bellend. Get back on Twitter where everybody in your echo chamber agrees with you.