The player who left thread | Page 424 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

If Jack responded to ever transfer rumour, he'd have to spend every waking hour denying the latest rumour.

Journo: Jack, are you going to Citeh?

Jack: No.

Journo: How about now?

Jack: Still no.

Journo: How about now?
Unlike I suppose if he said once "I'm staying at the Villa"? " Every waking hour"? Really? I hope I'm a 100% wrong here but "clutching at straws" seems to cover this bi-annual fiasco. On a human level I'd as I said wish him well if he goes, on a football level whilst not wishing anything bad on him, I'd hope to see him fail. And I don't buy all this guff about trophies at Citeh etc. I don't give a flying fuck about Citeh or any other football club (aside from the Quenns 11 in Scotland) my loyalty always has been and always will be to AVFC not one player no matter how good he is, where he lived or who he said he was a fan of.
I remember as a youngster being heartbroken when Bruce Rioch left amongst others, and the Brian Little nearly joined the scum. Have just about after all of this time, nearly, almost forgiven him for that.🤣🤣🤣

This will no doubt be unpopular on here. But anyway used to that. What I find troubling about this whole SJ business is that if he really wants to stay with the Villa, why has he said nowt? If he was a "real" Villa fan as he claims, why has he said nothing? I'm a "real" Villa fan and whilst I get he's a professional footballer if I was offered 2 billion pound a week I'd never leave the Villa. Sorry just can't fall for this nonsense just stop pretending Jack and come out and admit if your going to leave or not, then people like me will know whether that's true or not.
Personally I'd wish him well, if he leaves, but please don't take the piss out of people like me who have been through so much with the club we love, in my case since the late 60's by describing yourself as a "Villa fan".

Things change quickly in football. Look at Fabian Delph, he wanted to stay and said that in public and then when circumstances changed he looked like an A-grade ****** for changing his mind. Equally if Grealish said he would stay no matter what (and genuinely meant it) then he’s shot himself in the foot in contract negotiations. If there’s an extra £2-3m a year on the table then no matter how loyal you are you’ll try to tip negotiations in your favour

On a human level I'd as I said wish him well if he goes, on a football level whilst not wishing anything bad on him, I'd hope to see him fail.
Why on earth would you want to see the lad fail.
He has given his everything for our club.
I hope he stays, but if he goes then I would like to see him strut his stuff on the big stage, and think that we had a hand in making him the player he is.

Things change quickly in football. Look at Fabian Delph, he wanted to stay and said that in public and then when circumstances changed he looked like an A-grade ****** for changing his mind. Equally if Grealish said he would stay no matter what (and genuinely meant it) then he’s shot himself in the foot in contract negotiations. If there’s an extra £2-3m a year on the table then no matter how loyal you are you’ll try to tip negotiations in your favour

Delph was being tugged all ways. Made a mistake in the way he handled it but understandable. He backed out of the move without thinking about it, then realised Man C was where he needed to be. Jack is wise to say nothing. If he signs a new contract as I'm pretty sure he will, then I think he'll open up about what Villa means to him, as he has in the past.

Delph was being tugged all ways. Made a mistake in the way he handled it but understandable. He backed out of the move without thinking about it, then realised Man C was where he needed to be. Jack is wise to say nothing. If he signs a new contract as I'm pretty sure he will, then I think he'll open up about what Villa means to him, as he has in the past.
At risk of heading off topic, Delph actually did us a favour by signing a new deal before then leaving - guaranteed us a much larger transfer fee than would otherwise have been the case.

It’s all irrelevant to the Grealish situation as I’m pretty convinced he is going nowhere, and he certainly doesn’t need to waste his time answering frivolous transfer rumour nonsense by committing himself to his club moths fter he just signed a new five year deal.

At risk of heading off topic, Delph actually did us a favour by signing a new deal before then leaving - guaranteed us a much larger transfer fee than would otherwise have been the case.

It’s all irrelevant to the Grealish situation as I’m pretty convinced he is going nowhere, and he certainly doesn’t need to waste his time answering frivolous transfer rumour nonsense by committing himself to his club moths fter he just signed a new five year deal.

Yup, it was exactly that. I did have the inside track back then. I said on here at the time if you notice, he didn't say he wouldn't leave, he said he wouldn't leave on a free (it got a rough ride until it was proven right!) He thought he owed it to Randy and the club, who had stood by him injury wise.

His comments blew up, for sure, but the media guy was new in and didn't realise at that time what was what. He regretted after having it announced pre-match etc.

Yup, it was exactly that. I did have the inside track back then. I said on here at the time if you notice, he didn't say he wouldn't leave, he said he wouldn't leave on a free (it got a rough ride until it was proven right!) He thought he owed it to Randy and the club, who had stood by him injury wise.

His comments blew up, for sure, but the media guy was new in and didn't realise at that time what was what. He regretted after having it announced pre-match etc.
Didn’t he make comments in the summer (several months after the contract was announced) saying he was staying and he wanted to be captain, and then only a week later changed his mind? That’s why things blew up more than the initial comments when he signed the contract.

Looking back I do sympathise with him a bit. I just hope if Grealish does leave it’s not a similar situation where he’s said something daft in the press which riles up the fans. He’s done some great things with us, he deserves credit even if he leaves, which obviously I hope he doesn’t

Delph made sure he had a release clause of 8m in his new contract, about half of what we'd have got for him without the clause. But of course 8m more than the 0 we'd have got if he'd not signed. If he'd just left when city first came in no one would have been bothered. But turning them down and going on about his love for the club only to change his mind again a few days later after city presumably offered him more money is the thing that annoyed me.

Anyway he was never good enough for a top team and I knew exactly how his career would pan out.

Delph made sure he had a release clause of 8m in his new contract, about half of what we'd have got for him without the clause. But of course 8m more than the 0 we'd have got if he'd not signed. If he'd just left when city first came in no one would have been bothered. But turning them down and going on about his love for the club only to change his mind again a few days later after city presumably offered him more money is the thing that annoyed me.

Anyway he was never good enough for a top team and I knew exactly how his career would pan out.

He changed his mind almost immediately and rang City to ask if they'd still have him. No more money.

He changed his mind almost immediately and rang City to ask if they'd still have him. No more money.

Then he's even more pathetic. His careers panned out exactly as I thought it would. Barely played for city, never established himself for England, stayed till the end of his contract instead of leaving to play every week, went to an upper mid table club to rejuvenate himself, barely played for Everton, now he's probably going to end up at one of the strugglers.

Anyway to get back on topic Jack's much better than Delph and he's going nowhere.

Grealish says he loves this club and if he is using the media to milk more money out of us then that is a rotten greedy thing to do to the club he loves. Grealish is a special case as he is genuinely one of our own who just signed a long term deal, if he was passionate about staying he would kill all of this with one simple tweet. You would think it would start to offend him a bit if his passion for this club was genuine.

Grealish says he loves this club and if he is using the media to milk more money out of us then that is a rotten greedy thing to do to the club he loves. Grealish is a special case as he is genuinely one of our own who just signed a long term deal, if he was passionate about staying he would kill all of this with one simple tweet. You would think it would start to offend him a bit if his passion for this club was genuine.
i think he probably has to do what his agent tells him and i would suspect its just say nothing especially if he's in negotiations with Purslow again over a new bumper contract. once the ink is dry on that he can tweet "Fuck off Pep you bald ****"