The player who left thread | Page 422 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I'm sure it has already been pointed out that Jack only signed a deal just before last season for 5 years , so I don't really understand the mass worry/panic about him .
If he was going to leave Villa as a life long fan he would let us fans know before the press blerts it out I'm sure , as for his agent if he wants more money for him I am absolutely sure our new owners would be pushing for more than a 5 year deal with a humongous buy out clause that would never be triggered .
Just my view .
:utv::utv::utv::utv::rockon:

The Birmingham City Mail are now claiming Ci£y have 5 players up for sale including Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus to fund the deals for Grealish and Kane.
The newspaper of our own City is an absolute disgrace

I can't think of the last time they sold a decent player. If they wanted to sell Sterling and he wanted to leave, I can't imagine there are many clubs out there that would pay his wages.

I'm sure it has already been pointed out that Jack only signed a deal just before last season for 5 years , so I don't really understand the mass worry/panic about him .
If he was going to leave Villa as a life long fan he would let us fans know before the press blerts it out I'm sure , as for his agent if he wants more money for him I am absolutely sure our new owners would be pushing for more than a 5 year deal with a humongous buy out clause that would never be triggered .
Just my view .
:utv::utv::utv::utv::rockon:
I always read your posts in the voice of Paul McGrath - somehow it adds weight to your argument :ROFLMAO:

Reports (or bullshit depending on your point of view) that Petrodollars City have "shaken hands" on a £150 million deal for Harry Kane.

Edit: Just seen that this comes from the Currant Bun so can probably be filed under "bullshit".

Last edited:
Manchester Evening News talking like this is a done deal, have I missed anything? There's absolutely nothing concrete out there, seems like a load of bullshit.

It’s a bit like that headline in the B.Mail.
“Villa, (insert name of any other club), demand that……..”
That “demand” always makes me chuckle.

Manchester Evening News talking like this is a done deal, have I missed anything? There's absolutely nothing concrete out there, seems like a load of bullshit.
Agreed mate, saying they’ve agreed terms with him, and now they’re gonna bid for him? Have the rules changed on tapping up players….M.E.N must know that’s illegal.

Agreed mate, saying they’ve agreed terms with him, and now they’re gonna bid for him? Have the rules changed on tapping up players….M.E.N must know that’s illegal.

Most clubs do it, even us. No good in bidding for a player unless you know he is keen to join

They are both published by Reach Plc, so print the headline that will get the most hits in each city, Brum or Manchester.

True

If Citeh have to sell to buy, who have they sold to raise £150m? And if they have found the cash behind the corporate fish tank, a la Leeds, then can they find a real gold fish to sell to buy Jack? I hate these transfer windows, though I guess they won't disappear anytime soon.

I'm getting sick of the reporting and quite frankly am beginning to lose the will to care. Ultimately Aston Villa will still be around and that's where my allegiance will remain. If he stays great, if he goes we'll have in excess of £100m to fund new players.

I'm just in one of those moods today and can't be arsed with another month of "will he, won't he" bollox.

I'm getting sick of the reporting and quite frankly am beginning to lose the will to care. Ultimately Aston Villa will still be around and that's where my allegiance will remain. If he stays great, if he goes we'll have in excess of £100m to fund new players.

I'm just in one of those moods today and can't be arsed with another month of "will he, won't he" bollox.

Ok. I'll remedy this for you.

He won't. Fact. Fact . And indeed Fact again .

Now you can enjoy the rest of the summer :tophat:

Who has Jack agreed terms with ? . Unless the man citeh recruitment staff consist of big titted girls in a beach bar in Mykonos I'm not sure how SJ can be speaking with Citeh..:lol:
he's out with Chilwell and Shaw, so I'm shocked he's not going to Chelsea or Man U.
The media are hell-bent on selling him and Harry Kane.

Jack is going nowhere, much to the disappointment of some

Also, people keep saying get him a new contract. He has one, was it four or five years? Only signed last year. So there is no desperation for that either really.

Also, people keep saying get him a new contract. He has one, was it four or five years? Only signed last year. So there is no desperation for that either really.
Only if the wage disparity between what he’s on now and what Citeh are spamming his agent with is big enough to make Jack think seriously about a potential move.

For example, lots of the talk is about Citeh offering Kane somewhere around £400k a week. If Jack’s on say around £150k a week now then that kind of money will certainly get his agent pissing in his ear favourably about a move.