The player who left thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

If we cant sell the club by the summers end and we've had hardly any additions it would be a travesty for him not to get at least 10 apps whether its sub apps or full games by Xmas...

Only if Lambert is still here will Gressi get game time, due to the dynamic quality crisp packet KEA inmidfield being picked are bet ya.

I thought i would mention how much i luv our Gressi, don't think i have said this yet but i honestly believe he is a wourldy on the books, he is class man utter class!!!

Lets get real here, he is an 18yr old kid who has done nothing.

I hope he does come good, but I have heard it all before. In fact, apart from Gary Cahill, can anyone name me one top class player (and by that i mean someone who has gone on to a Champions League side or been a mainstay of the England side) that has come through our "wonderful" youth system since Tony Daley in the late 80's ?

Grealish has some talent, but so did Luke and Stefan Moore, Graham Fenton, Gareth Farrelly etc..etc...

I am still being told that Gary Gardner is apparently the next Gordon Cowans, after three years of him making his debut !

I am not being pessimistic, I am being a realist !.

He is an 18yr old kid who has NEVER and I repeat NEVER kicked a ball in either of the top two divisions !!!

Now, I know he had a nice loan spell in Div 1 , but so - so did Jordan Bowery !.

I have read this thread and people are making out this kid is Pele "a young Liam Brady" - how on earth have people come to this conclusion. He has only ever played against 16 yr olds.

No offence to the lad himself here, more on the fans who are saying this, but this is yet, and I mean , YET another case of total overhyping a kid for no reason what-so-ever.

Last years was Daniel Johnson if I recall ! Sorry, last years was Gary gardner, the year before it was Daniel Johnson, the year before it was Gary Gardner, the year before that it was Nathan Delfonouso, and before that it was Stephen OHallerahan, and before that it was Steven Cooke.....and so on.....and so on.......

Given the state the club is in, getting excited about the potential of our young kids is the only glimmer of hope we have.... Please don't try and take that away from us! ;-)

In a year or two from now you can call me whatever you want to about my prediction that our Gressi is a worldy on our books here, i will stand firm and say this with utter confidence and belief in Gress that IF he is picked and given a run of games and shown some belief in by whoever is manager here this and next season we will see him light up the Premiership with his dribbling and playmaking qualities, i believe in this lad he has got it!

holtelower - 2/6/2014 20:34

Grealish has some talent, but so did Luke and Stefan Moore, Graham Fenton, Gareth Farrelly etc..etc...

Sorry but none of those had talent anywhere like Grealish at his age or ever in there career. I'm not saying he will definitely make it but he is definitely the best I've seen come out of our youth setup in a long time. This lad can control a ball and run with it under control. None of the above or any other youth players in recent time has been able to do that and that includes the ones that made it. That is the big difference, some of our past youth have been bigged up because they had good stats but were not generally good footballers.
I think this lad could light up the Premiership next season if given the games.

agree with your point holtelower, I'm in favour of him having run in the championship, in a decent team winning games etc, at villa he's likely to be chasing the ball and tracking overlapping full backs,

he does appear to have a lot of skill, however 5 goals in league 1 relegation threatened team doesn't suggest to me he's ready as yet, to be given a run at villa, or that he's a potential world superstar.

does anyone know any notts county fans etc, I know he was their player of the season, but how many of them believe he ready for the premiership?

littleburtonvilla - 4/6/2014 13:36

agree with your point holtelower, I'm in favour of him having run in the championship, in a decent team winning games etc, at villa he's likely to be chasing the ball and tracking overlapping full backs,

he does appear to have a lot of skill, however 5 goals in league 1 relegation threatened team doesn't suggest to me he's ready as yet, to be given a run at villa, or that he's a potential world superstar.

does anyone know any notts county fans etc, I know he was their player of the season, but how many of them believe he ready for the premiership?

How would they know they watch 3 tier football . He's far more skillful than anything we have got . I'd bung him into our first team squad without any fear whatsoever . Whats the point in playing him in a championship squad we are a championship squad if you take out Benteke and Delph

Bikini Inspector - 4/6/2014 13:09

ClivetheVillan - 1/6/2014 23:01

Shall we start calling him ''Gressi'' Biki dude?

That's it! You have Christened him.

:7: :35: Never been so excited about one of our own, you can't teach players what he has our Gressi :30:

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has suggested to The Sun that he could include Jack Grealish in the starting line-up against Liverpool at the weekend.

“I do not think Jack will be fazed,” the Englishman told The Sun. “If I thought it would be a gamble, I wouldn’t play him. But he has real ability.

“He’s got a big future. It was only his second start at Spurs on Saturday and he’s done nothing wrong. Jack will not let us down.”

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/14/tim-sherwood-suggests-jack-grealish-could-start-for-aston-villa/?

I love our Gressi and om really happy for him, he is defo our future and ay it nice for the lad to be given a real chance and backing by our manager,,,,,cheers Sherwood dude yam a top manager!!!

He's a lad that will grow in stature the more he plays. If one actually looks at the start of the move that created Benteke's goal you will see that it was Jack who nick the ball off the opposition in the middle of the park, played a one two, skipped passed his man and then fed Cleverely who then passed to Bacuna. Some would say it was simple stuff but for a lad of 19 he showed great composure in a tight situation there and had the intelligence to side step the opponent and then start the move which could prove to be absolutely vital in the grand scheme of things.

I don't see any reason why Sherwood would want to drop him. He's in the team on merit and playing well.

Mind you, I thought that of Jores Okore too.............

He'sBiggerThanMe&You - 14/4/2015 23:12

He's a lad that will grow in stature the more he plays. If one actually looks at the start of the move that created Benteke's goal you will see that it was Jack who nick the ball off the opposition in the middle of the park, played a one two, skipped passed his man and then fed Cleverely who then passed to Bacuna. Some would say it was simple stuff but for a lad of 19 he showed great composure in a tight situation there and had the intelligence to side step the opponent and then start the move which could prove to be absolutely vital in the grand scheme of things.

You know mate it is simple but thats football as Cryuff said 'football is a simple game but playing simple football is the most difficult thing'...

That's what I like about Grealish you combine that with the fact he generally makes the right decision... I have two major beliefs in football having the awareness to do the simple thing and making the right decision and both are somewhat connected... From what I have seen so far I am very excited because there is the glimmer of real technical ability and already a strong showing for having the brains to make it all work...

Much of what he has done is simple and straight forward but a big part I would say is he makes it look simple... How often do we see NZogbia take the ball and try to run when there is a simple lay off 5 yards away... Grealish links things very well and it all looks like nothing passes or flicks but then within a pass or two from there we're in a lot of space...
I could be putting 2 and 2 together to get 5 but it just seems like he is one of those players who can see the move 2 phases beyond his initial pass...

There's never been any doubt about his lads technical ability or potential, but what impresses me most right now is that he's keeping his head out of the clouds and really applying himself to doing what is best for the team rather than just "showing off" his technical ability. Very impressed with the lad, absolutely no reason to drop him against the Scouse, we need players on the pitch to show no fear, and Gressi will hopefully just get on with it.