The player who left thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

DeanoVilla - 30/5/2014 09:40

Finding his best position could be interesting. Think he is too dangerous to be wasted out wide.

I'd play a 4-2-3-1 and have him in the middle just behind Benteke. Would mean we need to buy 2 decent wingers though.

If he is to play wide, then I guess Wiemann can fulfil the role behind Tekkers.

Weimann's past his best now, too old and can't be assed anymore. I like the idea of Grealish in the hole.

romanianvillan - 30/5/2014 10:46

Finding his best position could be interesting. Think he is too dangerous to be wasted out wide.

I'd play a 4-2-3-1 and have him in the middle just behind Benteke. Would mean we need to buy 2 decent wingers though.

Weimann's past his best now, too old and can't be assed anymore. I like the idea of Grealish in the hole.

It says a lot about his performances this last year or so, that at 22, you consider him too old and past his best.

upthevilla - 30/5/2014 11:43

romanianvillan - 30/5/2014 10:46

It says a lot about his performances this last year or so, that at 22, you consider him too old and past his best.

Yes it does, it says an awful lot!!

romanianvillan - 30/5/2014 07:55

Villan57 - 29/5/2014 17:27

Prepared - 29/5/2014 14:37

A player the fans will soon turn on, just like they have with every local talent.

As soon as he has a bad game you'll see 'he's a villa fan and he's playing that shite, I'd do better than that'

And so on

There are times prep that you do talk bollocks and this is one of those times :17:

haha Prep just takes it personally that a lot of people think Gabby is shite and reckons this lad will get the same. Unfortunately Gabby has been shite far too much, hence the reason he gets the slating, whereas I'm damn sure Grealish will be given a chance by most Villa fans to prove himself, just as Gabby has been over the years.

Anyway, I like what I see of this lad, which admittedly has been very little, and I reckon he could do a job either in midfield, out wide, or running off Benteke.

I wasnt actually referring to Gabby, I was referring to every youth player thats come through and been abused as soon as it dont go well for them

Ridgewell
Davis
Clark
Baker
Albrighton
L Moore
S Moore
Vassell
Hogg
Herd
Bannan.

Im not the one talking bollocks here, as soon as he has a game thats bad they fans will be on his back

the notts fans were doing it not so long back too, bigged him up after his first 3 games and then moaned about him being a show pony that never passes for a few weeks, then he scored and he was adored again

To be fair Prep, most of the names on the above list are shit anyway. It's normal for us to say someone had a shit game "what the fuck is XX doing today, fucking shite" etc, because we are passionate and want the team to do well, but i dont think most fans stay on someone's back unless he is consistently shit, and therefore becomes a shit player as opposed to having a shit game.

Nope, ive been a season ticket holder and ive been there when they go mad at a young player because they give the ball away or dont perform to the level the fans put them at, even though the fans have purely put them there due to thinking theyre quality in the reserves.

as for those players being shit, its not the point, they were youngsters and were not allowed to develop because our fans have a stupidly high opinion of them and expect world class performances straight away

A player the fans will soon turn on, just like they have with every local talent.

As soon as he has a bad game you'll see 'he's a villa fan and he's playing that shite, I'd do better than that'

And so on

There are times prep that you do talk bollocks and this is one of those times :17:

There are times = Every time? :56:

Prepared - 30/5/2014 15:46

romanianvillan - 30/5/2014 07:55

And so on

haha Prep just takes it personally that a lot of people think Gabby is shite and reckons this lad will get the same. Unfortunately Gabby has been shite far too much, hence the reason he gets the slating, whereas I'm damn sure Grealish will be given a chance by most Villa fans to prove himself, just as Gabby has been over the years.

Anyway, I like what I see of this lad, which admittedly has been very little, and I reckon he could do a job either in midfield, out wide, or running off Benteke.

I wasnt actually referring to Gabby, I was referring to every youth player thats come through and been abused as soon as it dont go well for them

Ridgewell
Davis
Clark
Baker
Albrighton
L Moore
S Moore
Vassell
Hogg
Herd
Bannan.

Im not the one talking bollocks here, as soon as he has a game thats bad they fans will be on his back

the notts fans were doing it not so long back too, bigged him up after his first 3 games and then moaned about him being a show pony that never passes for a few weeks, then he scored and he was adored again

And whats the common theme?

They were all shit lol!

Prepared - 30/5/2014 16:28

as for those players being shit, its not the point, they were youngsters and were not allowed to develop because our fans have a stupidly high opinion of them and expect world class performances straight away

There you go lads!

Every youth player that failed.....it was cus of the fans!!!

Well done prep! Didnt you have a go at me for questioning support?

Prepared - 30/5/2014 16:28

Nope, ive been a season ticket holder and ive been there when they go mad at a young player because they give the ball away or dont perform to the level the fans put them at, even though the fans have purely put them there due to thinking theyre quality in the reserves.

Of the players on your list, most of them were, have been, and are, being given chances to develop, but unfortunately are still shit. And yes, being shit IS the point, and is completely different to having a shit game.

I've been hearing about the next big thing from our youth set up since the days of Lee Hendrie and I'm still waiting for a player who lives up to the hype. Gabby is our best so far and he's...

Basically we give any player a chance , but kids coming through the youth system get far more of a chance . There comes a time when its time for any player to move on .

Grealish looks like he could be up there with Barry , Cowans and dare I say Lee Hendrie in the same sentence.

We have let some go far too early Like Cahill , Steven Davies , Peter Whittingham who would walk into our current side , in saying that Ridgewell would walk into this side

As a villa die-hard and an irishman can I say Grealish reminds me of a young Liam Brady so I back him all the way.

I might have Grealish printed on my shirt this season, i luv players like Jack that seem to have the ball glued to there feet and effortlessly dribble through and around players making it look easy and the other players poor, that's the sign of a real player and i would bet my life if Jack is given a fair crack at the first team he will become great for us,

Only problem i can see for Jack is he doesn't seem to play long ball and just hoof it up the field so he might struggle to convince this current manager for a starting place ;)

Ok it's a link to another Villa blogsite, but it has two Jack Grealish goals, one of where he beats three defenders, before rounding the goalkeeper. The other is a scorcher.......

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2014/6/1/5770052/aston-villa-jack-grealish-goal-video-hong-kong

I don't know how to just take the clips and post them.... sorry.

Oh that is quality ain't it, is it just me or do we have our very own little messi on our hands here? I am not joing or bigging Grealish up for nothing but the kid has the ball glued to his foot, Iniesta is the same they seem to have the balll stuck to there feet and even when taking on players twisting and turning they do it effortlessly