The Play-Offs 2020 | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Play-Offs 2020

Who's going up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Speaking of fucking teams. Can I just say fuck Reading. What a Mickey Mouse club who stole points off us late on both home and away. Whatever about conceding in the 83rd minute at the City Ground, the 97th minute goal at the Madejski really took the biscuit. Then they go and lose 4-1 at home to Swansea to break our hearts. (n)

Don’t have a problem with Swansea. They took their chance and didn’t bottle it unlike us. Cardiff however can fuck right off.

Brentford look back to their best... however, we beat them home and away. Blackpool beat us home and away the year they took us in the play offs. You just never know what we could have done.

Last edited:
Brentford look back to their best... however, we beat them home and away. Blackpool beat us home and away the year they took us in the play offs. You just never know what we could have done.
We wouldn't be playing anything like the game Swansea are. We could have done this. For a start, we wouldn't have won the home leg (we never have yet) so they wouldn't be going into this one so pumped to attack and wipe out the lead. This match would have been more like a chess game from the start

We wouldn't be playing anything like the game Swansea are. We could have done this. For a start, we wouldn't have won the home leg (we never have yet) so they wouldn't be going into this one so pumped to attack and wipe out the lead. This match would have been more like a chess game from the start

Agreed. I also think if Brentford don’t get their own way early, they struggle to know what to do - that’s why we beat them twice. They got 2 early goals against this lot and they’ve oozed confidence since.

Agreed. I also think if Brentford don’t get their own way early, they struggle to know what to do - that’s why we beat them twice. They got 2 early goals against this lot and they’ve oozed confidence since.
Much like we were under Paul Hart in the playoff season. We always seemed to get the early goal at home and just went from there. Away from home, where we struggled to get an early goal, we struggled far more

Much like we were under Paul Hart in the playoff season. We always seemed to get the early goal at home and just went from there. Away from home, where we struggled to get an early goal, we struggled far more

Do you think a none suspended Michael Dawson would have seen us beat the blades? I personally think so, but also remember Wolves being the best of the four regardless and didn’t fancy us in the final.

Do you think a none suspended Michael Dawson would have seen us beat the blades? I personally think so, but also remember Wolves being the best of the four regardless and didn’t fancy us in the final.
Totally agree. It felt like Wolves's year. They took four points off us in the league and we never looked a match for them.

I'm not sure it was just about Dawson. John Thompson was an ok defensive midfielder but an absolutely shocking centre half. Had Hjelde been able to play (not sure why he couldnt) then that might have helped. We just needed to last 10 minutes after Reid's goal as we were perfectly capable of getting a third

Totally agree. It felt like Wolves's year. They took four points off us in the league and we never looked a match for them.

I'm not sure it was just about Dawson. John Thompson was an ok defensive midfielder but an absolutely shocking centre half. Had Hjelde been able to play (not sure why he couldnt) then that might have helped. We just needed to last 10 minutes after Reid's goal as we were perfectly capable of getting a third

Yep, I remember we looked so up for it and did a brentford getting the two goals - sadly, the psychological side of football kicked in and we couldn’t handle it.... which begs the question, is there something within this football club that prevents each generation of team from driving the club forward. I genuinely don’t know the answer.

Yep, I remember we looked so up for it and did a brentford getting the two goals - sadly, the psychological side of football kicked in and we couldn’t handle it.... which begs the question, is there something within this football club that prevents each generation of team from driving the club forward. I genuinely don’t know the answer.

Who's the Cuban leader?