The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Always surprised how many villans don't agree. Aston Villa have been comatosed for too many years and like Everton, Newcastle and Leeds,we have underperformed due to the running of the club at board level.

Got to work and had a missed call from the club, rang up the number, got through to the ticket office as I assumed that’s what it was about and I was right. My ticket had been sent to the wrong person ? I’ve never got as mad on the phone as I did during that call. The man has sent it back to the club but yet I can’t go and collect it because the ticket office is closed ? asked if my postage would be refunded and he said no as it was posted ??‍♂️ Not to me it wasn’t! Then told I’ve been put on a ‘list’ and I’d have to go and collect it Monday (the fact there’s a ‘list’ says it all), I told him I have plans Monday and I don’t want to queue up and which’ll therefore take time out my day! Told him to email me the address to complain, he asked if I had a pen to hand, told him no as I’d just arrived at work, silence, then told him again send it to the email address in front of you (Nearly an hour now and still hasn’t done that). He also said I ‘might’ be emailed a duplicate. Jesus fucking wept.

Last edited:
Got to work and had a missed call from the club, rang up the number, got through to the ticket office as I assumed that’s what it was about and I was right. My ticket had been sent to the wrong person ? I’ve never got as mad on the phone as I did during that call. The man has sent it back to the club but yet I can’t go and collect it because the ticket office is closed ? asked if my postage would be refunded and he said no as it was posted ??‍♂️ Not to me it wasn’t! Then told I’ve been put on a ‘list’ and I’d have to go and collect it Monday (the fact there’s a ‘list’ says it all’, I told him I have plans Monday and I don’t want to queue up and therefore taking time out my day! Told him to email me the address to complain, he asked if I had a pen to hand, told him no as I’d just arrived at work, silence, then told him again send it to the email address in front of you (Nearly an hour now and still hasn’t done that). He also said I ‘might’ be emailed a duplicate. Jesus fucking wept.

Christ , that's awful.

Does anyone know the email address to complain to as I’ve written my complaint but he still hasn’t sent me the address to send it to? Totally inept.

Edit: Finally got it over an hour later, sent a strongly worded email, resisted the urge not to use bad language like I did on the phone!

Last edited:
Was that called Rococo before?
Dunno, mate. Before I moved from Brum I usually avoided Broad St so it's all going to be a surprise for me. Sure it'll all come clear when I get there. Last time I was down there was at the old Bingley Hall. Saw some great acts there in the 70's. Burned down, I think mid-80's.

Does anyone know the email address to complain to as I’ve written my complaint but he still hasn’t sent me the address to send it to? Totally inept.

Edit: Finally got it over an hour later, sent a strongly worded email, resisted the urge not to use bad language like I did on the phone!

will pm you the email of the supporter liaison guy, he's a good egg.

While you are correct JF reference the potential the club has, I think that we have a tendancy to overstate the individuals ability in the team. I am not at all certain which players will make the transition to premier league level. We all hope and believe that Tyronne Mings/Tammy Abraham are the real deal, but none of us know for sure that they will be as good as we all hope. We also have no idea what the hierarchy think.

I am finally happy that we have a decent set up to make these decisions and I am comfortable that when we make it to the PL, investment will be made to strengthen the squad appropriately. I agree that the new owners are not here to mess around. UTV :utv:

Yup, agree, we won't know until we are there, but I think you can have a strong suspicion on a few who should be good enough.

Mings, McGinn, Tammy, Grealish...

More tickets made available today.

Apparently people have still got tickets in their checkout basket.

Dunno, mate. Before I moved from Brum I usually avoided Broad St so it's all going to be a surprise for me. Sure it'll all come clear when I get there. Last time I was down there was at the old Bingley Hall. Saw some great acts there in the 70's. Burned down, I think mid-80's.
Youve got a shock coming mate. Went up Broad Street last year for the first time since I left over twenty years ago , about 2am. Place was heaving. Sure you will enjoy yourself. Yes Bingley Hall, saw Sabbath there. Fantastic.

For the first time in my Villa supporting days we have owners who can walk the walk.

Monday will be the start of hopefully our best days since 1982.

All sorted in the end, the guy who dealt with my complaint handled the situation much better than the first guy I spoke to. Only 16 of us have duplicate tickets which isn’t bad out of 36,000 odd and apparently it’s rare it ever happens full stop, can’t fault them for sorting it so quickly.