The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 62 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

I did! Came across it whilst walking back to the tube after being at the Green Man post-match. Great way to end the day!

Anyone want to guess the chants that Chester, Jack, Green, Hutton & Deano went with?

I was fortunate to catch the start of the bus journey pandemonium beforehand too.

What a day.

I heard a few our our lot up by the island let us down by lobbing bottles and cans at a few Derby coaches that came past. I knew it was going to happen when we walked past and saw how many were gathered up there.

I heard a few our our lot up by the island let us down by lobbing bottles and cans at a few Derby coaches that came past. I knew it was going to happen when we walked past and saw how many were gathered up there.

It's a shame as from what I've read from most of the Derby fans has been to wish us all the best.

I was told by a friend that on the SHA forum they have a thread started on 25th May 2019 - just about Aston Villa that has already reached 25 pages of bile and hatred.

I can honestly say I would hate to wake up each morning looking at life through their eyes and my mind full envy and hatred towards something - What an existence:shake:

#supportbluesfollowvilla

It's a shame as from what I've read from most of the Derby fans has been to wish us all the best.

Yes, there was one or two salty Derby fans around in the evening trying to tell us we would be coming straight back down, but we just laughed at them. The majority of them were good banter all day.
Attacking coaches is for the inbred lot from B9 - not something we should be lowering ourselves too

I know people don't want to talk about Blues, however the non football highlight of the season belongs here IMO. Needs the ending adding to........

Imagine this in Polly's voice. It should win a Comedy award. Genius.

"Now to top it all off, I really can't believe it, whilst we get a 9 point deduction, with more to come, the Vile have only gone and knocked the Albion out of the playoffs and won promotion to the Premier League. I give up, never be as good as them will us. Can see us ending up struggling to beat Solihull Moors at this bleedin' rate. Peaky Blinders my arse."

Last edited:
Amazing day, to miss out twice would have been unthinkable.

Now the hard work starts - don't know who will stay or leave, there are far better people at the club now to make those decisions. I won't be at all surprised by the decisions made as I trully think they will be taken in the best interest of the club. It's not just a matter of signing up the loanees, their clubs have to agree, we have to want them and most of all those players have to want it. Their loss if they don't want to be part of the journey.

NINTCHDBPICT000493280990-2-e1558985516454.jpg

You shouldn't really be putting your hands on royalty like this but I'm sure John Carew will make an exception for Prince William.

Just been watching the highlights after a nice lie in as knackered after yesterday. Well deserved win even though the final 15 minutes were torture. A rollercoaster of a season, lows then highs, some of the best goals that I have ever seen, not forgetting the legendary cabbage.

Fans (a few mindless idiots apart..I've given a few quid to the just giving crowd funding to try to redress that idiocy) were fantastic as ever. Credit also to the Wembley stewards...very helpful to a wheelchair user, especially the traffic steward stopping the traffic to let our ride pick me up in the road outside the car park.

Definitely need a few football-less weeks to recharge the batteries for next season...in the Premier League! UTV:utv:

Just got back, havnt had a chance to read any comments yet, but just posting to say what a great weekend and still got the rosy glow that only a Villa win in a big game can bring. COYL.

One of if not the best days of my life. Smooth journey down, great time soaking up the Atmosphere outside Wembley and I met Ian Taylor.

The game was tense from minute one. Looking back Steer never really had a lot too do but at the time I was in a constant state of terror that was only mildly alleviated by our 2 goals. Never have I felt such glorious relief at a final whistle.

Motm was either El Ghazi or Mcginn but everyone put in a shift. Most of the squad has contributed in some way to this success so its been great to see all the lads enjoying themselves, they really do seem a band of brothers.

A lot of work to do over the summer but I reckon these new owners aren't going to be messing about. I think we'll be trying our best to secure the loan lads and bringing in serious quality on top of that as well.

Last word goes for Dean Smith. The way he's turned this team around he deserves every bit of praise he's getting. I have said several times that if we'd had him from day one we'd be sitting atop the championship, but having said that I wouldn't have swapped this day for anything.