The Play Off Final Thread 2019 | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Play Off Final Thread 2019

Well, looking like Mooch bar will be first option. Going to check it out and take it from there. I'll be the Villa old bloke supporter looking for a seat!! :thumbup:
I will probably pass you on the way up goneto devon. I live in Cornwall and am travelling the same as last year. Driving up to Brum Sunday, stop overnight at my brothers and catch the early train down to london. Ridiculously cheaper than First Great Westerns £153 if travelling from home. £24 return from Brum plus a bit of diesel. Enjoy your day out mate. Cmon you Lions.

Made the mistake of telling the postman I was anxiously awaiting my tickets today. He made a joke about looking forward to the game. Still I suppose he daren't nick them now.
In my view, although it hasn't suited my family personally (Couldn't get my Villa mad lad a ticket) I think the allocation process has been as fair as they could really make it. Be nice to have 45K tickets per team but that's not the club's fault.

LOL Wittonite....just tell Mrs wittonite....I did.....I knew exactly where the tickets were....until 'tidyupgate' occurred!!
Mrs Wittonite says thats no excuse. Shes a staunch femenist 66 which explains a lots of my posts with regard to women in football.

Curious, what do you mean you couldnt get on?
Not sure B38, my brother who lives in Brum has done all the booking and text me to say he could only get us on from New Street this time. So unsure of why, or if he was looking for reserved seats or something of that nature. Sorry cant be more helpful. Just to add Chiltern were brilliant last year.

Not sure B38, my brother who lives in Brum has done all the booking and text me to say he could only get us on from New Street this time. So unsure of why, or if he was looking for reserved seats or something of that nature. Sorry cant be more helpful. Just to add Chiltern were brilliant last year.

The trains shouldnt be so jam packed this year - the queues last year were due to the line from New Street to Euston being closed forcing everyone to use the Chiltern line
I think your brother is just trying to save a couple of quid

Yeah I’ve just looked and certainly not sold out or anything at any time, all fares £31.40 for the super off peak. There’s some engineering work going on again this year on that line into Euston, might be worth looking into to see if it affects you.

Last edited:
The trains shouldnt be so jam packed this year - the queues last year were due to the line from New Street to Euston being closed forcing everyone to use the Chiltern line
I think your brother is just trying to save a couple of quid
You know him aswell then.

Yeah I’ve just looked and certainly not sold out or anything at any time, all fares £31.40 for the super off peak. There’s some engineering work going on again this year on that line into Euston, might be worth looking into in it affects you.
Reduced number of trains but no delays in travel time. Its like planning the D- Day landings.

So ordered tickets last Weds evening and they arrived on Friday.....5 tickets in total....mine, Langoe junior, his mate's and a couple for season ticket holders we sit next to....all gd. I place them in the kitchen window in the envelope....Mrs Langoe as she does when having a quick 'tidy' (without me knowin)...moves them from there onto the work surface close to the back door....where we often place our recycling before it's taken out to the bin. On our walk with dog at 7am this morning it suddenly dawns on me that I haven't seen the tickets since Friday and couldn't recall putting them into my bedside cabinet where I normally put them....Mrs Langoe not perturbed by my rising angst casually drops in the fact that she did in fact move them from their original position to the work surface by the back door....I can't remember seeing the said envelope anywhere near the back door and therefore cant believe I put them in my usual 'safe' place in either my bedside cabinet or the coffee table drawer in the lounge....the rest of the walk becomes a fairly muted affair and doesn't last as long as usual as I'm desperate to get home and see the tickets.....they're not by the back door, they're not in the coffee table, drawer...please God let them be in the bedside cabinet....ah there's a white envelope..thank you lord....unfortunately it's an old envelope from the Bolton away tickets which has my receipt in it....my heart starts to beat rather more quickly as I realise that the envelope could have got picked up with papers, magazines, other recycling bits n pieces normally left by the back door kitchen....and of course this week is green bin week....so if the tickets have been thrown into the bin it's a question of when.......after 7.30 on Monday morning when the bins are emptied and I'll avoid sobbing uncontrollably.... before 7.30 and my marriage to Mrs Langoe possibly wont survive that hour....as I walk round to the the corner to the green bin I feel slightly sick.....there's not a lot in the bottom of it as it was emptied yesterday, a few bits n pieces...no sign of any white envelopes so in my desperation I tip the bin upside down...the contents fall onto the patio....and as I rummage through it a delightful fucking white envelope with 5 Wembley tickets inside, falls from a folded newspaper.....there is a God after all.....Mrs Langoe? Tells me it's nothing to do with her at all.....for once I can't be arsed to reply...I'm too bloody relieved for that and the white envelope is now very safely placed in my bedside cabinet far away from the 'tidying' hands of Mrs Langoe........:shake:
Me and the wife just had a barney about this, bloody women always stick together!