The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread

I noticed on the news last night they made a big thing reporting it was 30C in Southern Spain yesterday and said its July temperatures over there . So i rang my Mrs who is over there and she said no, it was 21c .
The BBC and their weather reporting should be taken with a pinch of salt , i know they have to keep pushing this global boiling agenda though
This is why the BBC climate editor has had too apologise twice to the public after being caught out lying.

Nothing to do with 'green' lads, it's companies taking the piss and hiding behind a fallacy when it comes to the boiler's.

On the other point, solar is cheaper, but until the Gov disassociate solar elec from gas prices, companies will again keep swimming in the cash and you all know where I stand on this topic, but I would never pay more for 'green energy' as it's public relations fraud in effect.

I also wouldn't get too upset about the new £16 quid price cap rise Ofgem are talking about as it pertains to 'those in debt'. That will become a trade off for the removal or significant reduction in standing charges that everyone pays.

Smoke and mirrors.
Con is the phrase you are looking for.

I noticed on the news last night they made a big thing reporting it was 30C in Southern Spain yesterday and said its July temperatures over there . So i rang my Mrs who is over there and she said no, it was 21c .
The BBC and their weather reporting should be taken with a pinch of salt , i know they have to keep pushing this global boiling agenda though
Yep. It's just a game.

And today. As I sucked my milkshake through a soggy cardboard straw I contemplated what the carbon emissions of all this military action is?

World leaders not bothered about co2 when it comes to war?

But all will be ok. We have bags for life and my cows have stopped farting so much.

Yawn.

Water companies are forecasting an above-inflation rise in average household bills in April, drawing criticism from campaigners.

When are we going to get a company is not profitable if in debt?

Last edited:
If this article is anywhere near a reflection of the situation across the UK net zero is is a complete pipedream at the date at which they are working towards. It's almost like some faceless bureaucrat has pulled a date out of the air and told the politicians this is it, this is the date we'll go along with. No wonder they have put back the date for getting rid of ICE propulsion of cars. Labour say they will reinstate it. More green political posturing. I foresee some very tough years ahead for the population of this country.

Delaying housing is a bit of a red herring given their own games for profit, but for the big build sites we need, lecky and water would come into play at those sizes.

If you remember back six odd months mate (maybe longer) I posted something up along the same lines when it came to new grid connections, but it was focused on newer wind farms and solar that were built and ready to generate double figure million homes in output at lowest, but in some areas of the country the waiting list for them to get connected was now 2 years if they were lucky, and in excess of that elsewhere - so ready to go energy basically mothballed.

I'm yet to see the Gov make any kind of sensible comment on how this will be addressed, as it's absolutely an issue which naturally has knock on effects to numerous other areas that are also lagging massively behind given the lack of investment and foresight.