The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread

I've said it in response to someone recently lol

Yes, definitely a difficult, oppressive and in many ways highly paranoid country for sure. Certainly no quick fix either, but on a green front (at least from what I've read) we should start seeing tangible progress on that front by 2030. Whether or not it's too late is the next question.
If you look at the links I have posted for BB, it doesnt look hopeful.

ESG marketing does seem quite the thing - do any/many Chinese firms fit the bill ?
I think certainly fewer and further between. Some of the larger companies possibly stack up better but I’d say most of the smaller companies any form of corporate governance or social responsibility is probably non existent, can’t say I’d trust any of the state-owned companies either

Not so sure about the surge forward, there are so many very poweful vested interest groups in North America.

Oh so much self interest and greed. But no, from it being halted and reversed, they can now forge ahead again, like re-joining the Paris Agreement.

I'm currently watching Greta Thunberg: A Year to Change the World on BBC1.

God, this is frightening! We are heading deeper and deeper into the brown stuff!....

If only the governments and 'money-men' would listen to the experts!.......

God, this is frightening! We are heading deeper and deeper into the brown stuff!....

I decided not to watch that as I imagined I wouldn't be very happy at the end of it.

Yes, just watching it. Was a good one on BBC with Ade as well. I say good, I mean depressing. The deniers are astounding really, including that pillock Trump.

Scientists in the US have developed a paint significantly "whiter than the whitest paint currently available".

Tests carried out by researchers at Purdue University on their "ultra-white" paint showed it reflected more than 98% of sunlight. That suggests, the scientists say, that it could help save energy and fight climate change.

Painting "cool roofs" white is an energy-saving approach already being rolled out in some major cities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56749105

China and the US say they are committed to working together and with other countries on tackling climate change.

It comes after several meetings between Chinese climate envoy Xie Zhenhua and his US counterpart John Kerry in Shanghai last week.

They both agreed on further specific actions to reduce emissions, a joint statement on Sunday confirmed. US President Joe Biden is holding a virtual climate summit this week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-56790077