The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread

If we're being cynics you could say its a great weapon, if you're China and Russia who is going to be most affected? Probably the United States and Europe. The chaos, anxiety and economic distress would really fuck up the US and Europe. Its not going to take a huge amount of sea-level rise to destroy significant parts of European and US Cities. Flordia, Amsterdam and the Hague are fucked by like 1 metre of sea-level rise.

On the flip side many pacific low lying Islands and huge areas of India, Bangladesh etc. are going to be ruined. That could put massive pressure on China too but they may use less than savory means of dealing with it. I am just not sure it puts the same sort of stress on China as it would on Europe and the US.

China has unique problems to deal with, in that millions are moving from rural to urban environments every year, and increasing demand all the time.

They have rushed in the coal, but it was developed with Germany to burn a cleaner type of coal, and these will be replaced by renewables over time. Their target was to peak emissions by 2030, but that is now going to be 2027 because of the investment they are making.

Not ideal, I agree, but never think for one moment they aren't taking it seriously.

If we're being cynics you could say its a great weapon, if you're China and Russia who is going to be most affected? Probably the United States and Europe. The chaos, anxiety and economic distress would really fuck up the US and Europe. Its not going to take a huge amount of sea-level rise to destroy significant parts of European and US Cities. Flordia, Amsterdam and the Hague are fucked by like 1 metre of sea-level rise.

On the flip side many pacific low lying Islands and huge areas of India, Bangladesh etc. are going to be ruined. That could put massive pressure on China too but they may use less than savory means of dealing with it. I am just not sure it puts the same sort of stress on China as it would on Europe and the US.

Actually, it's the opposite. We've already developed our economies, using fossil fuels. Making developing nations try and follow us, without allowing them to take the easy route slows their economic growth.

And it's not that hard, really. It creates new industries and new jobs, which is actually great, if we get involved. At the moment, we buy too much from Norway and China.

As Extortion Rebellion bring London to a standstill once again co founder Dr Gail Bradbrook reveals that she drives a diesel car, because she cant afford an electric one.
She says she needs a diesel to get her kids to rugby and football matches, and school.
A bit like the rest of us then.
Fuckin green hypocrite.

Actually, it's the opposite. We've already developed our economies, using fossil fuels. Making developing nations try and follow us, without allowing them to take the easy route slows their economic growth.

And it's not that hard, really. It creates new industries and new jobs, which is actually great, if we get involved. At the moment, we buy too much from Norway and China.

What I meant is Russia and China could use fossil fuels as a weapon to purposely increase temperatures. This would be an attempt to either destroy the economies of Europe and the US or disrupt the current power structure of the world. Russia has a huge amount to gain from this, if you melt the Arctic Ice Caps you open up a new trade route that almost exclusively borders the Russian Coast. Its actually a much shorter and safer trip to go North from China and around Russia into the heart of Europe and beyond. There are no pirates north of China or along the Russian coastlines. Its currently impassable but if you melt the ice and it opens up suddenly you have a better route.

America is not going to be able to police Russian and Russian adjacent waters. That's a big power shift.

I see Extortion Rebellion are still at it, costing the country millions and disrupting ordinary peoples lives.
All the while Cressida Dick and her woke warrior police force stand idly by and allow it all to happen.
Just what does it take to get this awful woman sacked and a proper copper installed in her place.

The last bunch arrested were let go by a twat Judge. Coppers can't win and this is what the Gov hope their new Bill will sort out - as the law stands the ER idiots aren't really breaking the law - it's peaceful protest (non violent) and protected.

The new bill makes the protected status conditional on other issues such as noise, disruption etc etc. idiots won't be able to hide behind 'peaceful non violent' anymore.

The last bunch arrested were let go by a twat Judge. Coppers can't win and this is what the Gov hope their new Bill will sort out - as the law stands the ER idiots aren't really breaking the law - it's peaceful protest (non violent) and protected.

The new bill makes the protected status conditional on other issues such as noise, disruption etc etc. idiots won't be able to hide behind 'peaceful non violent' anymore.
I would argue its passive aggressive. It never takes them long to pile in on football supporters as soon as one person starts they pile in.
Same with any group seen as right wing, get stuck in.
BLM demos in London saw only 12 arrests despite widespread violence against the police, horses and dogs.
It just seems that some protesters get away with it and others get a much harder ride.
Something very wrong with our justice system and police forces when The Met dont even know how to conduct an arrest that will stand up in court, and that comes from the very top, Cressida Dick.

I thought this was a Manchester United fan thread.
I'll get me coat.
Seriously, a mate of mine ran a plastics company making all sorts of bits and pieces for general use and the motor industry. I haven't seen him in years. I wonder what he's diversified into now.

The UK secretly dropped pledges to bind Australia to climate targets in its efforts to strike a trade deal, according to a leaked email obtained by Greenpeace. The revelation has engulfed Boris Johnson in a major row ahead of the Cop26 summit.

Campaigners and politicians reacted with fury to the move – which included removing a reference to “Paris Agreement temperature goals” – arguing it made a mockery of the government’s claims to be fighting the climate emergency.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-cop26-climate-trade-deal-b1916609.html

5,000 for a standard one it looks like then quickly goes up to 10,000 for something more advanced. Plus it wont be compatible with Tesla's so that not great.

Personally, with the way things are going, I'd install a generator in my house.

5,000 for a standard one it looks like then quickly goes up to 10,000 for something more advanced. Plus it wont be compatible with Tesla's so that not great.

Personally, with the way things are going, I'd install a generator in my house.

In fairness, all EV plugs/sockets should be standard.