The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Plastic Crisis/Environment Thread

I noticed on the news last night they made a big thing reporting it was 30C in Southern Spain yesterday and said its July temperatures over there . So i rang my Mrs who is over there and she said no, it was 21c .
The BBC and their weather reporting should be taken with a pinch of salt , i know they have to keep pushing this global boiling agenda though
This is why the BBC climate editor has had too apologise twice to the public after being caught out lying.

Nothing to do with 'green' lads, it's companies taking the piss and hiding behind a fallacy when it comes to the boiler's.

On the other point, solar is cheaper, but until the Gov disassociate solar elec from gas prices, companies will again keep swimming in the cash and you all know where I stand on this topic, but I would never pay more for 'green energy' as it's public relations fraud in effect.

I also wouldn't get too upset about the new £16 quid price cap rise Ofgem are talking about as it pertains to 'those in debt'. That will become a trade off for the removal or significant reduction in standing charges that everyone pays.

Smoke and mirrors.
Con is the phrase you are looking for.

I noticed on the news last night they made a big thing reporting it was 30C in Southern Spain yesterday and said its July temperatures over there . So i rang my Mrs who is over there and she said no, it was 21c .
The BBC and their weather reporting should be taken with a pinch of salt , i know they have to keep pushing this global boiling agenda though
Yep. It's just a game.

And today. As I sucked my milkshake through a soggy cardboard straw I contemplated what the carbon emissions of all this military action is?

World leaders not bothered about co2 when it comes to war?

But all will be ok. We have bags for life and my cows have stopped farting so much.

Yawn.

Water companies are forecasting an above-inflation rise in average household bills in April, drawing criticism from campaigners.

When are we going to get a company is not profitable if in debt?

Last edited:
If this article is anywhere near a reflection of the situation across the UK net zero is is a complete pipedream at the date at which they are working towards. It's almost like some faceless bureaucrat has pulled a date out of the air and told the politicians this is it, this is the date we'll go along with. No wonder they have put back the date for getting rid of ICE propulsion of cars. Labour say they will reinstate it. More green political posturing. I foresee some very tough years ahead for the population of this country.

Delaying housing is a bit of a red herring given their own games for profit, but for the big build sites we need, lecky and water would come into play at those sizes.

If you remember back six odd months mate (maybe longer) I posted something up along the same lines when it came to new grid connections, but it was focused on newer wind farms and solar that were built and ready to generate double figure million homes in output at lowest, but in some areas of the country the waiting list for them to get connected was now 2 years if they were lucky, and in excess of that elsewhere - so ready to go energy basically mothballed.

I'm yet to see the Gov make any kind of sensible comment on how this will be addressed, as it's absolutely an issue which naturally has knock on effects to numerous other areas that are also lagging massively behind given the lack of investment and foresight.

thought I'd post in here following a discussion in the interesting thread.

UK record on preserving our green and pleasant land, and the natural world around us.

Same as the shit flowing in the rivers and streams, it isn't great.

Bottom 10%

thought I'd post in here following a discussion in the interesting thread.

UK record on preserving our green and pleasant land, and the natural world around us.

Same as the shit flowing in the rivers and streams, it isn't great.

Bottom 10%

As someone who has always been fully at home out in the English countryside I would agree with any measures to protect it. It has to be said however that the very people who shout the loudest about the Tories wrecking it are the very same people that lambast any measures to control immigration. During the period of the last census the population grew ten million, virtually all down to immigration, either numbers arrived, or birthrates and is forecast to do the same again in the next decade. The situation described in the article should be very tightly controlled and enforced by laws, but at the end of the day the more that come the worse it will get. Can't have it both ways.

Everything seems a one stop shop for you though wittonite? All comes back to immigrants.

Size of the population as a whole is an issue. All of 'you' who have bred have increased the population, damn (sic) you. Just lazy pointing at one facet. You are part of the problem down south after-all... you should go back to where you came from! (I think you know me long enough to know I'm being tongue in cheek - to an extent - and that you probably agree many of the locals would agree!

But it isn't 'that lot' pumping crap into our rivers and streams, destroying lakes in our national treasure of the Lake District (and other areas) or the lack of balls from the government (and/or governments ) to bow down to profits, instead of doing proper planning, forcing brown field sites to be used first, proper drain-aways for new estates, or letting the rail system go to rack and ruin, the rape of our beautiful ancient forests and the murder of trees centuries old for a failing rail project which is now only going to go half the way it was meant and to the place it wasn't needed and so on and so forth. It is big business - who have many an mp in their pockets - allowing so much destruction and the current government for not jumping on the green economy to be a world leader far, far, sooner. And this before I get onto the destruction of the seas which is also not just down to those darn immigrants.

Everything seems a one stop shop for you though wittonite? All comes back to immigrants.

Size of the population as a whole is an issue. All of 'you' who have bred have increased the population, damn (sic) you. Just lazy pointing at one facet. You are part of the problem down south after-all... you should go back to where you came from! (I think you know me long enough to know I'm being tongue in cheek - to an extent - and that you probably agree many of the locals would agree!

But it isn't 'that lot' pumping crap into our rivers and streams, destroying lakes in our national treasure of the Lake District (and other areas) or the lack of balls from the government (and/or governments ) to bow down to profits, instead of doing proper planning, forcing brown field sites to be used first, proper drain-aways for new estates, or letting the rail system go to rack and ruin, the rape of our beautiful ancient forests and the murder of trees centuries old for a failing rail project which is now only going to go half the way it was meant and to the place it wasn't needed and so on and so forth. It is big business - who have many an mp in their pockets - allowing so much destruction and the current government for not jumping on the green economy to be a world leader far, far, sooner. And this before I get onto the destruction of the seas which is also not just down to those darn immigrants.
I'll ignore the tongue in cheek bit, because you were born and bred in Four Oaks but now live in Redditch, so to a slightly less extent it's the same thing. (Tounge in cheek). But yes to a great extent it does come down to immigration. You can't have a huge increase in the population in a short period of time and not notice the effects. The pollution of our rivers is in a large part down to run off from farms from fertilizer and slurry, waste water and sewage from water companies. The farmers are trying to feed a growing population and the water companies are trying to deal with the end product of a growing population . Yes they care more about their shareholders and profits, than the supply of water and repairing infrastructure.
Everything you mentioned has increased stress put upon it when the population increases. It's a numbers thing. Have the government been slow to react, yes of course they have. As you rightly say with regards to the water companies, dereliction of duty,presided over by the government. But I think I'm correct in saying that Thatcher privatized both water and railways, followed by three terms of a Labour government who did absolutely nothing to reverse those very recently privatized companies despite a lot of hot air from Blair in the run up to the first of his terms in office.
Have the Tories allowed big business to "get away with it" absolutely they have. But to come back to the original point, mass immigration, has societal effects, and if you are going to allow it , then you have to build the infrastructure, housing, schools, hospitals, sewage and water supply etc to cope.
This country needs immigration, but it needs to be managed, not a free for all.

It's all very simple. The higher the population, the more polluted the world gets (mostly due to food production).
From a UK perspective, as a highly developed country, we do not have natural population growth. The only reason the UK population has risen is due to immigration.
Not saying we stem the immigration necessarily (although that is clearly a government stance), but if we don't then we have to bring in stricter rules to be more environmentally friendly.

Hike up or tax everyone's energy bills and then invest that in renewable energy.
Charge people extra to burn fossil fuels, like petrol and diesel, particularly in urban areas.
Make meat and dairy really expensive to discourage consumption.

See how these go down??