The Pitch | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Pitch

The groundsman deserves an award this year for producing such a good pitch at the end of the season. What a fabulous effort.

The result will have been helped by Danny and Nicky wanting so much water on it. Last year there wasn't enough water to flush the toilets and water the pitch. So the increased storage capacity must also have helped. No need for FarmerImp's bowser this season.

The groundsman deserves an award this year for producing such a good pitch at the end of the season. What a fabulous effort.

The result will have been helped by Danny and Nicky wanting so much water on it. Last year there wasn't enough water to flush the toilets and water the pitch. So the increased storage capacity must also have helped. No need for FarmerImp's bowser this season.

Also think he was happy with the slight delay in the announcement about being promoted. Saved a few thousand feet stamping all over the pitch.

Pitch on Saturday looked brilliant, if a bit damp !

Will be ripped out again at end of season along with training pitches.
I'm intrigued to know why you would rip all pitches up in closed season and start again, seems bonkers with dry weather about and money required for more playing staff. Plus they all look in good nick and a summer of rest and grass growth

I'm intrigued to know why you would rip all pitches up in closed season and start again, seems bonkers with dry weather about and money required for more playing staff. Plus they all look in good nick and a summer of rest and grass growth
Totally agree, but the news is straight from the grounds man. I think part of it is that with all the chemicals put on during the season the earth becomes contaminated.

Totally agree, but the news is straight from the grounds man. I think part of it is that with all the chemicals put on during the season the earth becomes contaminated.

The soil doesn’t become contaminated. Fertilisers are used, not chemicals. The only liquid sprays used are trace elements such as copper and iron which greens the grass up and helps the roots. The chemical, carbendazim used to be used to control worms but was banned a few years ago.

The soil doesn’t become contaminated. Fertilisers are used, not chemicals. The only liquid sprays used are trace elements such as copper and iron which greens the grass up and helps the roots. The chemical, carbendazim used to be used to control worms but was banned a few years ago.

So aren’t any chemicals used even for weed control in the grass?

Also Farmer Imp can you confirm plans for the pitch and the training ground pitches, surely they don’t have to be totally stripped and reseeded this year.