The Pitch | Vital Football

The Pitch

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
Still looking impeccable, even at this stage of the season. A good idea of how good it is, is usually by looking at the goalmouths and even they look fine.

Campbell a couple of weeks ago and Duff yesterday also complimented it, so that shows how good it is.

Still looking impeccable, even at this stage of the season. A good idea of how good it is, is usually by looking at the goalmouths and even they look fine.

Campbell a couple of weeks ago and Duff yesterday also complimented it, so that shows how good it is.
It looks fantastic, just wish a few of our players would wear the appropriate studs to cope with it. How many of them slipped over yesterday?

Funnily enough, we were saying the exact same thing during the game yesterday, especially with regards the goalmouths.

And that probably doesn't show how bad it was, side on it still looks fairly green; I remember an end of season pitch invasion, looking down and realizing that the pitch was basically a sand-pit with the occasional blade of grass poking out.

Absolutely.

That's the best photo I could find, my recall there was equal amounts of sand to grass.

And that probably doesn't show how bad it was, side on it still looks fairly green; I remember an end of season pitch invasion, looking down and realizing that the pitch was basically a sand-pit with the occasional blade of grass poking out.
We said that in the pub after didn’t we? Over watered imho puddles of water on the coop side where the lino was running.
No wonder the players were slipping, they couldn't stop and turn without going over especially in the first half.

This will have been the first season for Donkeys years that we haven’t used Sincil Bank to train on a couple of times a week.
Got to be and it's certainly made a difference hasn't it?
Also the warm up goal alternates from one side to the other each game, small margins.

It looked like too much water was on it during the first half. I think someone needs to switch the sprinklers off a little earlier.

There was standing water on the Co Op side yesterday where the lino runs. Too many slips for my liking but Danny does love water as we know !!

It does seem odd that we as supporters identify that in our opinions the grass is over watered and our players do seem to be able to keep their feet better away from home, yet we have only lost once at home all season and have just been promoted so on that basis I think our coaching staff know what they are doing in this regard

It does seem odd that we as supporters identify that in our opinions the grass is over watered and our players do seem to be able to keep their feet better away from home, yet we have only lost once at home all season and have just been promoted so on that basis I think our coaching staff know what they are doing in this regard
Although we seem to play better away from home, best in the league in fact!