The Philippe Coutinho Thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

The Philippe Coutinho Thread

I am so happy with this. Don't care if he is supposedly out of form ( he isn't anyway, you could see that Tuesday). Get past this modern fan mentality of one game someone is brilliant, next game they are crap and should benched/not signed. Every single thing about his career up to this point and the way he has started with us says ....Fucking Class . And class is permanent.

Things just have come off for him the last few games, thats it. This might also be his longest run of games without being injured in a while too. Pre-season and a fe better players around him and I am sure there'll be little to no question marks.

I think the 50% sell on clause is a bit of a damp squib.

If his contract is up to 2026 he'd be about 34, so I doubt if we'd get much for him then.

The other alternative is that he tears up the Premiership next season, Man Citeh come in for him and we sell him for £100m........ :whist:
Why? I don’t think we’ve signed him with the intention of selling him on to make a few quid

The sell on fee is just for Barca to save face. Barca would let him go for nothing if the fan base wasn’t so critical of them.

Quality signing and just what is needed if we wanted to push on and at under a tenth of what barca paid for him.