The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Penny for the owners thoughts this evening?? They were obviously desperate to do anything to keep him.
Will this affect their mindset towards AVFC?? Will this make them less or more determined? We are in their hands , I would love to hear From them directly.

If you are in any doubt that we are currently in a better place then listen to the latest podcast with Keith Wyness and his time under Dr Knobhead.

Scary.

Penny for the owners thoughts this evening?? They were obviously desperate to do anything to keep him.
Will this affect their mindset towards AVFC?? Will this make them less or more determined? We are in their hands , I would love to hear From them directly.
Reckon the owners know what they're doing, will keep a calm head, and continue to steer the good ship Villa ever onwards in an upwards direction.

In away this vindicates their financial approach. If a player does go they get full value back.

said all along Grealish was the only irreplaceable player we have at least we got £100m .
When he signed that new deal last September didn't he still have 2 or 3 years left on his original contract ?

IMO it changes nothing, they get no return on their investment without the brand significantly growing. They will get no growth from a club languishing in mid-table.

All I think this would change is the length of time to execute the plan. The blessing here is that Spurs, Arsenal, and Everton are in transition. Arsenal appear to be throwing money down the well and Spurs and Everton are white-knuckling it, hoping they can sit tight.

I wouldn't even attempt to predict where West Ham will end up. Leeds haven't really improved the squad at all doesn't look like they've the money.

I applaud the club hierarchy for the way the announcement was made. They obviously made it clear to Abu Dhabi City that they were not going to have the fanfare revelation and that a joint announcement would be made by both clubs at the same time - 8:00pm on the 5th of August. Purslow said all of the right things and didn't hold back in terms of saying that the club were held to ransom regarding the release clause. He also didn't wish Grealish or his new club well for the future. The points made about moving away from an over reliance on one player were correct and he said that we had made good new signings. He was never going to say that we were going out to look for a replacement because that is not how we do our business - unlike the club Grealish has gone to. There will be more signings and the squad will continue to develop with owners like NSWE, a CEO like Purslow and a manager like Dean Smith. From the look on Purslow's face and the tone of his voice last night, it seems that we are even more determined now than before.
A final comment here perhaps sums up the last 24 hours and that is "form is temporary, but class is permanent". Villa have class, Citeh - and that includes Grealish are totally classless.

Big few weeks coming up in my humble. I did have a concern (possibly not the right word) that our signings so far were spending the money from Jack ( no more SJ I’m afraid). Purslow confirmed that last night. So we have spent what we have had coming in from a player . The test will be now what we spend on top of that. Will we seize the opportunity because we won’t have a Brucie bonus 100 million probably ever again.

I applaud the club hierarchy for the way the announcement was made. They obviously made it clear to Abu Dhabi City that they were not going to have the fanfare revelation and that a joint announcement would be made by both clubs at the same time - 8:00pm on the 5th of August. Purslow said all of the right things and didn't hold back in terms of saying that the club were held to ransom regarding the release clause. He also didn't wish Grealish or his new club well for the future. The points made about moving away from an over reliance on one player were correct and he said that we had made good new signings. He was never going to say that we were going out to look for a replacement because that is not how we do our business - unlike the club Grealish has gone to. There will be more signings and the squad will continue to develop with owners like NSWE, a CEO like Purslow and a manager like Dean Smith. From the look on Purslow's face and the tone of his voice last night, it seems that we are even more determined now than before.
A final comment here perhaps sums up the last 24 hours and that is "form is temporary, but class is permanent". Villa have class, Citeh - and that includes Grealish are totally classless.

Just this,: sums it all up perfectly 👏👏👏👏👏

I thought Purslow was excellent last night. Left nothing to the imagination as to what had gone on behind the scenes.

Yep, if he was made of chocolate, he’d lick himself to death but fair play to the bloke. Can’t argue with the job he’s done since arriving and last night’s message was exactly what was needed. No doubt the club is being very well run at present from the owners downwards.

amen to that

What I liked too was that he genuinely looked angry. When he first came in I wasn't keen at all but I now think he's without doubt the best CEO we've had. He also has a vested interest having sunk some of his own money into the club which I think was a masterstroke from our owners. The fact he never wished Grealish or cit£h well was very telling imo.

Reckon the owners know what they're doing, will keep a calm head, and continue to steer the good ship Villa ever onwards in an upwards direction.

In away this vindicates their financial approach. If a player does go they get full value back.
The owners are probably as bloody minded as us lot. They will be determined to be successful to spite Grealish

I wonder what Nas and Wes really make of all this . As (I think) was pointed out last week they have the NBA MVP x2 on a record breaking contract. No plastic crappy european league ’competition‘ to tempt the player and having it all their way.