The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Sorry to be a wet blanket here but these guys are not spending hundreds of millions at Villa Park for the craic.

Sorry to be a wet blanket here but these guys are not spending hundreds of millions at Villa Park for the craic.
There are two main potential motives for billionaire buyers. Glory and/or profit. I get the impression that these want the glory of success, which brings adoration. The likes of the Glazers clearly don't want popularity - its all about business. Neither are philanthropic but I think we have the better deal.

Congratulations to Wes Edens as his Milwaukee Bucks won the NBA finals last night. They beat the Phoenix Suns 4-2 in a best of 7 series.

Birmingham Live are drawing comparisons with the Bucks star player Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jack Grealish as he stayed and had a team built around him.

A rare decent article from Birmingham Live indeed......

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/man-city-transfers-grealish-villa-21103718

Owning a football club is a pure willing waving competition for these multi-billionaires.

I'm sure Nas and Wes don't want to admit they have small willies.

They'll keep going until their billionaire rivals bow down to the sheer girth of their manhoods!

Compare this guy and the success of his American sports team to Randy Lerner who owned one of the standout worst teams in the NFL.

The potential similarities to that Giannis guy and Grealish are as exciting as any transfer rumour. They moved heaven and earth to keep him at the team and he led them to glory for he first time in decades. Hopefully Wes can repeat the magic with us.

Compare this guy and the success of his American sports team to Randy Lerner who owned one of the standout worst teams in the NFL.

The potential similarities to that Giannis guy and Grealish are as exciting as any transfer rumour. They moved heaven and earth to keep him at the team and he led them to glory for he first time in decades. Hopefully Wes can repeat the magic with us.
Yeah - a $250m five year contract. That should keep Jack at Villa Park :wahey:

Money doesn't mean anything unless you actually use it. In their case making a profit means investing in assets which are actually increasing. I've no doubt that what they've invested in Villa is more than covered by what the club is now worth.

They've got a great club, which is on the up, and the satisfaction of running it in the way it should be run. Ambition for the club coupled with a solid business approach means we should have a bright future.

Congratulations to Wes Edens as his Milwaukee Bucks won the NBA finals last night. They beat the Phoenix Suns 4-2 in a best of 7 series.

Birmingham Live are drawing comparisons with the Bucks star player Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jack Grealish as he stayed and had a team built around him.

A rare decent article from Birmingham Live indeed......

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/man-city-transfers-grealish-villa-21103718
I watched all of their games have suprised myself by getting into it in a big way :LOL:

got up this morning to watch a re run of the final without knowing the score.

What a brilliant team and player (Giannis).

loved his speech about wanting to do it (ie. win it) with the team that took a chance on him.

Not the exact same situation but I would absolutely love it if Grealish never leaves and goes on to be great with us. :banana: